Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here regarding my 2018 Eco.

Hi all,

I picked up my 2018 mustang eco, just yesterday as it arrived a week late at the dealership.

I ordered the 101A package which should include the 9 speaker set. I only spot the 6 in the front (including 2 Tweeter). So, 3 on driver's side and 3 on passenger side. For the life of me ..I cannot locate the remaining three.

When the salesman was giving me his little conclusion, summary tour of the car when I went to pick it up; he couldn't locate all 9 so he tells me "oh thats a shaker, premium thing".

I was getting angry at his BS so now I decided to Check my order paperwork and No; its not a 12 speaker Shaker "thing".. its a 101A package thing...

It should include 9 speaker set instead of stock 6....

Guys/gals, I am stressing out over here, please help me locate the 9 speakers in totality and possibly, what can the dealer do for me now if they have F'd up my order. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a similar issue on my 2015. Found out some of the speakers are coaxial and count as 2 speakers.
Thanks brother. However, would you happen to know the locations of the speakers? I know there are 2 coax in the front 1 on ea/door, + 2 tweeters + 2 additional spkrs. So thats possibly 8? And I cant find the one in the rear. Care to shed some light on that as well? Appreciated!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I think the breakdown of the audio systems options looks like this.

-top of the line
2 coaxial speakers in the rear package tray=4
1 subwoofer in the pass side of trunk=1
6 in the front doors=6
1 in the center dash=1
total 12

-midrange
remove subwoofer from trunk -1
replace rear coaxials with one ways -2
Total 9

-base model
all prior plus
remove center channel -1
remove mid range from doors leaving just tweeter an the 6.5's -2
Total 6

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking at a 2018 and wondering how the 9 speaker set up sounds. The car I want is not optioned with the premium package/digital LCD dash or the top end Shaker system. I've driven a GT with the Shaker and I was not blown away. It cranked but the sound was kind of muddy to me ( Sirius classic rock). I'm wondering if the 9 speaker set up is passable or pretty darn good. I think the LCD dash is cool but most of the customization you will use once and then it's done. Not sure it's worth the cake. The new Magneride would be a better investment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a premium 2018 Ecoboost with the 201A package, 9 speakers, no shaker or B&O sound. My speakers are located in the following locations:
2 speakers in the door, 2 doors equals 4
1 speaker in the windshield frame, both sides equals 2 more. That is 6 total.
1 speaker in the grid on top of the dash. That equals 7 total.
2 speakers in the rear. That brings the total to 9.
I actually want to figure out how to disconnect the 2 in the windshield frame and the one on top of the dash. The main 6 sound better than those extra 3. I find the extra 3 to be annoying when cranked up. I have taped up the 2 in the windshield frame until I can figure out how to disconnect them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
you would have to remove the a pillar covers then disconnect the speakers there. i adjusted my fade to the back some and turned the treble down a bit in the sound settings. bear in mind if you disconnect the tweeters in the front you will have almost no treble. i would definitely play with the settings first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Terry, I did pull those pillars and disconnected the tweeters shortly after posting that. I like it a lot better. When I give the system volume up to half way or more, it no longer sounds annoying!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts