Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found an option for upgrading the Ecoboost torque converters for the 10R80 transmissions!

Reactions: Buldawg76

· Registered
213 Posts
Circle D has had them out for several years. Call Terry at Beefcake Racing.

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Circle D has had them out for several years. Call Terry at Beefcake Racing.
I tried Circle D and Beefcake Racing, they only have the 10R80 torque converter for the 5.0 Mustang...?
I know the original part numbers for the 2018 10R80 torque converters are different for the Ecoboost and Coyote equipped Mustangs.

Reactions: Buldawg76

· Registered
213 Posts
I tried Circle D and Beefcake Racing, they only have the 10R80 torque converter for the 5.0 Mustang...?
I know the original part numbers for the 2018 10R80 torque converters are different for the Ecoboost and Coyote equipped Mustangs.
Sounds like the market is ready for a custom made adapter plate? Makes sense, obviously flywheels on both engines would be different so mounting solution would be different. I know one thing for sure, I've seen the difference between a full bolt on n/a coyote with stock converter and after, Steeda did that testing years ago, they gained like .4 in the 1/4 and knocked around .2 off their 60 foot time with project Silver Bullet.

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the market is ready for a custom made adapter plate? Makes sense, obviously flywheels on both engines would be different so mounting solution would be different. I know one thing for sure, I've seen the difference between a full bolt on n/a coyote with stock converter and after, Steeda did that testing years ago, they gained like .4 in the 1/4 and knocked around .2 off their 60 foot time with project Silver Bullet.
They're hard to beat, especially running in a foot brake only class!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts