Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I need to do something with this car, 'cause it's draining my pocket pretty bad.
Since I have my mustang ('15) it's drinking too much. It's a tuned ecoboost, 6 gear automatic. The tuning,I believe, is done the right way. The guy who tuned it has a very, very good opinion around.He also installed aftermarket intercooler in my car.

I drive on 20 inch wheels, 265 front and 285 rear tires now. But it was exactly the same when I had 265 both sides.
My driving style doesn't seem to matter, as my car has this average (14 mpg) throughout the last year and I really tried to keep it low. The truth is I drive mostly in the city, but even that, it seems to be very low. I obviously calculate my average in the app, every time I fill the tank.

What do you think?
Has anybody got similar problem and solved it somehow?
Does anybody have any ideas where to seek the problem?

I'd be glad for any input.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Is it tuned for performance, or fuel economy??
My S550 is track only and gets 5 mpg. Now the same car, factory stock, got 32 mpg on the street.
I guess, you can say, "I dug my own grave and now I'm laying in it!".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it tuned for performance, or fuel economy??
My S550 is track only and gets 5 mpg. Now the same car, factory stock, got 32 mpg on the street.
I guess, you can say, "I dug my own grave and now I'm laying in it!".
It's not an extreme tune for performance. It shouldn't have such impact on fuel economy, I've been told.

·
Administrator
3,670 Posts
When I drive around town only I average 14-16MPG. The problem is stop and go traffic. The only way to get good gas milage in stop and go traffic is to keep everything stock.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser
1 - 10 of 10 Posts