Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an ELM scan tool coming in the mail today that can interface with FORSCAN... Found some instructions at Mustang 6G forums on how to enable linelock on a V6 and ECO. Line Lock Enabled On Non-GT!!

The longest part is updating the ABS module firmware and can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes. a battery tender is recommended for this and it suggested to disable any autoshutdown on the car and laptop. I'm gonna try this and see if linklock can be enable on my 17 ECO... for anyone else that wants to try it... the tool only cost me $25 and FORSCAN can be had with a free 2 month subscription if you contact someone on the FORSCAN forums...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did it. Works fine
My 17 eco prem

it works just fine. My only question is, do I need to disable advance track? I only did it like twice.
Just curious if it needs disabled or if linelock does it automatically.

just don’t want it to harm my drivetrain or clutch.
I did a test, it did same burnout regardless, just not sure by the book if I’m supposed to disable it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Eh I did it did two burnouts and got bored of it. Can’t say I will ever utilize it again, tires expensive!

I don’t see it being too useful for track, unless you are running drag tires. Imo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Imo I wouldn’t do it, you can’t go back to original firmware, I tried to go back, no bueno. I’m stuck w it, it works fine but it worries me about possibility of breaking lol

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imo I wouldn’t do it, you can’t go back to original firmware, I tried to go back, no bueno. I’m stuck w it, it works fine but it worries me about possibility of breaking lol
Others have done it with no issues. If you are super worried... You could always swap out to a stock ECO abs module...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Bah, all you really did was update the software, shouldn’t hurt anything.........and you don’t “have” to activate it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bah, all you really did was update the software, shouldn’t hurt anything.........and you don’t “have” to activate it.
If it's done right... It's 100% safe... Only thing to be concerned about is warranty if a dealer or Ford wants to be nit picky...

·
Registered
67 Posts
That was my regret, Lol my car is brand new, warranty just started, bought a 2 year leftover and I was worrying that if something goes bad, they would blame the abs module.

My other worry, was it being from a GT and maybe it expects gt braking, so I purchased GT brakes off someone, stopped worrying over that.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Line Lock enabled!! Piece of cake. I did see warnings for ABS and advancetrac but a quick ABS as built change fixed that. Haven't had a chance to fully test it out. Don't want to piss off the neighbors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts