Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is very inspirational, thanks for posting this.

How do you like the electronic pedal feel of the engine? Considering doing a swap with a 2.3 Ecoboost into an older car as well, but haven't been satisfied with DBW pedals of other cars that I have owned (even ones tuned).

How did you like the shifting feel of the transmission?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those are all good questions lol. I haven't taken it out on the road yet. I'm getting rust fixed and a new windshield in two weeks. I have a 2012 Volvo S60 with an electric throttle with no issues. Stepping on this pedal is responsive without a starting dead spot. . Getting used to the fact that the accelerator pedal has like an inch of travel will probably be the biggest challenge. The MGW shift is rock solid, but I haven't had it on the road.
I see, thanks for the data point on your S60 not having any issue. Keep up the great work and content!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What made you choose the 2.3 Ecoboost overall? Other than a smoking deal for the donor car?

Just looking at numbers some big shops out there claim for builds (i.e. Mountune) for their engine builds just doesn't seem to match up with something like a Honda K20/24.

Maybe it's just because the Ecoboost hasn't been out as long as the Honda K-series and thus hasn't had as much development in the aftermarket?

I'm personally debating on a YB engine or 2.3 Ecoboost for my Merkur XR4Ti.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts