Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I sat down and listed systems that "would be nice" to have transferred over from the Mustang and with your description I now think that it is an over complicated idea with little return. The Ford Motorsport harness or one of the aftermarket harnesses will need to be researched. 馃 (Emissions will always be a consideration because:Kalifornia and who knows where the car might end up.)

If I head the IRS direction my idea is to see about transplanting the Mustang's IRS into the car. Along with that would be an increase in the car's rear track and a major increase in tire size. This is a discussion that will continue. The car is ultimately my wife's alternative to a Panamera (and much cooler!) so I have to make sure that any increase in rear track doesn't piss her off. 馃ぃ
Don't let me or anyone else tell you what you can and can't do (as long as you have the resources or skills) and I support doing silly **** for the hell of it. Sounds cool, come find me when start that. I'd definitely follow!

Ahh well in PA and most of the states over here, anything after 25 years doesn't get emissions testing when they do the yearly inspection.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Worked on the catch can and plumbing this weekend. I noticed after the last few logging runs (I assume due to the big rise in PSI) has misted oil on some of parts/piping in the intake system. Previously the "out" port was plumbed to the intake pre-turbo along with the hose from the valve cover that was OEM designed. The hose off the bottom leads to a ball valve and runs near the oil filter so I can drain everything from the same location.

I cleaned the catch can and filter medium, doubled the capacity, and replaced the regular port in the radium baffle plate with a 10AN ORB PCV valve that's supposed fix the leaky PCV from the factory. So now the air comes from the baffle plate to the can then to the manifold.

Tall boy!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
*** FYI that original catch can hose was incorrect and started sweating oil and splitting. It was just something I had laying around that was the right size. I've since replace it with 1/2" SAE J30R7 hose.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I upgraded the door speakers and decided to go to 5.25" Kenwood KFC-1396PS. Perfectly fine for the the usage. Printed mounting plates and covers.

Another oversight on my part that almost lead to catastrophe.
:oops:

The 16awg blue wire was the power for the electric fan. It was the size on the original fan connector. The 10awg wire is the power wire from the distribution box. This wasn't a problem with the old fan. The new fan pulls double the amperage. I melted the connectors and started overheating in downtown traffic. Heat on full blast saved the day.

So yeah make sure your previous wiring is up to snuff when you're upgraded to more powerful equipment.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts