Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lookin for one of these for a long time ... My "flipping" is paying off!

hehehehe. Mine all Mine! 2.3L just waiting for a turbo!

Now I need a four-eye nose.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Super jealous. I want one of those body styles so bad.

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Comes with a "new" engine to swap in. Same thing. 2.3L 4 cyl

Interior is a bit rough ...

Reactions: Punchy

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Super jealous. I want one of those body styles so bad.
I have been shopping a long time for a 2.3L coupe for my Daily Driver. I had an '86 a while ago, but it fell through (actually I was too slow), and finding a 4 cyl coupe that is not hacked up is a real pain. It seems that everyone wants to put a LSx swap into it (which is how I got the spare motor for this one) or make a race car out of 'em.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
I have been shopping a long time for a 2.3L coupe for my Daily Driver. I had an '86 a while ago, but it fell through (actually I was too slow), and finding a 4 cyl coupe that is not hacked up is a real pain. It seems that everyone wants to put a LSx swap into it (which is how I got the spare motor for this one) or make a race car out of 'em.
Yeah that is the one that got away from me. I can't find them and when I do the people want a lot of cash for it and I just walk away. Some day I will own one

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It rained. The coupe is wet.

Reactions: Punchy

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am looking for a SVO to restore hopefully a 86. I would love it be a project/show car.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Nice car, Squid.

I've always liked that body style. The roofline reminds me of the "Pagoda" roof on the Mercedes Benz 280 SL. I could see that car with a fully built, Esslinger powered 2.3 four cylinder. With a turbo would be icing on the cake! What are your plans for this car?

·
Registered
58 Posts
good find. appears to be in decent shape. someone even color matched the trim.
the dummy switch on the left side of the dash for the non-existent fog lights. always thought that was pretty chintzy.
an '80s time capsule. this will be interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts