Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching locally for a 2015+ 2.0 engine block, and have found a couple of older running 2.0 motors for as little as $250.
And it has me considering, picking up a few of them for test mules. But I can't confirm which of the Ford 2.0 motors will interchange with our Ecoboost 2.3 motor.
Anyone know what I should be looking for??

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've been searching locally for a 2015+ 2.0 engine block, and have found a couple of older running 2.0 motors for as little as $250.
And it has me considering, picking up a few of them for test mules. But I can't confirm which of the Ford 2.0 motors will interchange with our Ecoboost 2.3 motor.
Anyone know what I should be looking for??
View attachment 40736
The Fusion ST or Focus ST 2.0 blocks

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't come across any ST blocks or motors. But I haven't asked for an ST. When I recheck the local salvage yards, I'll ask about the ST model. Thanks!

PS: I've also read about the 2.0 having two generations. The 1st gen (aluminum block with steel sleeves and cast crank) from 2010 to 2015 (but, not completely phased out till 2018) and the 2nd gen (all aluminum block and forged crank) from 2015 to current.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Fusion ST or Focus ST 2.0 blocks
I've found several 2.0 ecoboost motors, both gen 1 and gen 2, from $250 to $1000 and a ST for $2500.
Does anyone know the difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 motors and what makes the ST special?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've found several 2.0 ecoboost motors, both gen 1 and gen 2, from $250 to $1000 and a ST for $2500.
Does anyone know the difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 motors and what makes the ST special?
Not really certain on specifics TBH. I did some research awhile back. I know the focus ST and certain fusion 2.0 have the same deck height and bolt connections. But not fully sure on difference.

These Focus threads may help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts