Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned an ecobost for about 3 weels before the enigne blew out mustang has been siting there a while, finaly saved up some cash and credit and I deciced to fully comit to the 4 banger till a shelby is a afordable lol. Im completly new to cars and modding them so I dont personaly know what to add to an engine if I just bought one stock, So Id rather purchase a Buillt ecoboost motor already safely pushing the High HP and then me just swaping it in. Unless a better option would be to build up a motor my self (if so where could i get the best starting engine block to wistand the high rpm ? and If so what things should I aim for.

Looking for either a strong builtt motor that will not blowout I want to do at least 400Hp but would love to do more... safely.
Or
the best ideas and things to buy to power up an engine I buy and wehre should I buy it from ?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
How much of your existing motor is salvageable?

Reactions: rrobincastle

·
Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
92 Posts
400 crank is easy with stock internals, 400 wheel is achievable and relativly reliable on a stock motor. both of these require supporting mods.

like for 400 whp look up a build with the nx2 turbo if money is no object.

stock turbo you can make 400 wheel, this is the list of mods someone gave me for 400 whp stock turbo. " CVF race intercooler, CVF catless downpipe, air raid tube with green filter, and you’ll have to either go with e85 or methanol if you wanna stay on stock turbo. With e85 you’ll need the upgraded hpfp and injectors if I’m not mistaken. So depending on availability and your budget that should determine which one you wanna go with. If you can afford the pump go with e85"

but if your motor is blown and you want 400 whp why not go for a 5.0? you could buy a rear ended or tboned totalled gt for fairly cheap and just swap everything over

Reactions: rrobincastle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
400 crank is easy with stock internals, 400 wheel is achievable and relativly reliable on a stock motor. both of these require supporting mods.

like for 400 whp look up a build with the nx2 turbo if money is no object.

stock turbo you can make 400 wheel, this is the list of mods someone gave me for 400 whp stock turbo. " CVF race intercooler, CVF catless downpipe, air raid tube with green filter, and you’ll have to either go with e85 or methanol if you wanna stay on stock turbo. With e85 you’ll need the upgraded hpfp and injectors if I’m not mistaken. So depending on availability and your budget that should determine which one you wanna go with. If you can afford the pump go with e85"

but if your motor is blown and you want 400 whp why not go for a 5.0? you could buy a rear ended or tboned totalled gt for fairly cheap and just swap everything over
Right I said 400 not to get clowned on LOL I saw on youtube some serious HP builds so I said 400 hopping but truthfully aiming to that of 550 plus.... safely or as highest as I can and still keep it relaible, and those are all mods id like to add on- . " CVF race intercooler, CVF catless downpipe, air raid tube with green filter" but I would like that on top of the upgrades done to the engien block, bearings, pistons end? (I dont know whatother thigns I could change / increase inside the engine block before mounting it on) after the engine is built id like to add the things like intercooler downpipe etc.
and question about that trubo charger, would it be safe to add on to a stock ecoboost engine? im scared of blowing again im traumatized
Also I thought GT but people were saying around 15-20k(little out of range) for that and I dont know where I could get a salved gt that I know for a fact the engine works and wont be broken

·
Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
92 Posts
Right I said 400 not to get clowned on LOL I saw on youtube some serious HP builds so I said 400 hopping but truthfully aiming to that of 550 plus.... safely or as highest as I can and still keep it relaible, and those are all mods id like to add on- . " CVF race intercooler, CVF catless downpipe, air raid tube with green filter" but I would like that on top of the upgrades done to the engien block, bearings, pistons end? (I dont know whatother thigns I could change / increase inside the engine block before mounting it on) after the engine is built id like to add the things like intercooler downpipe etc.
and question about that trubo charger, would it be safe to add on to a stock ecoboost engine? im scared of blowing again im traumatized
Also I thought GT but people were saying around 15-20k(little out of range) for that and I dont know where I could get a salved gt that I know for a fact the engine works and wont be broken
yea there are 700 wheel ecoboost builds but they are generally completely built motors. you were saying 400 wheel so i was assuming you didnt want to go for a full on build. not "clowning on you"

Motor vehicle Font Screenshot Urban design Software

google is your friend, i personally have no experience with this builder but you could talk to them and ask what you would need in addition to the motor to make the 550 wheel. or add another 900 for the cams to make it make 700. Either way i would get in contact with them and ask what you need becuase they will know more than randoms on a forum. they offer a 24 month extended warranty so i imagine its fairly reliable here is a link to their website

·
Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
92 Posts
also on the finding a machanically fine but totalled gt. check out salvage auctions, i know for a fact a blower on a stock coyote will make a reliable 700 wheel probably more

copart is a good site but there are others. You can go on the lots and check to see how the cars are running before bidding but that sometimes gets hard if the car is across the country. in 5 mins on coparts site i found a decent looking 2020 gt with just body damage but without seeing the car in person its hard to say. you can also get a good bit of your money back selling parts you dont need, like the trans off your ecoboost, good body panels off the donor etc.
Product Font Screenshot Software Multimedia

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea there are 700 wheel ecoboost builds but they are generally completely built motors. you were saying 400 wheel so i was assuming you didnt want to go for a full on build. not "clowning on you"
Thank you so much my g, a true king-
View attachment 42675

google is your friend, i personally have no experience with this builder but you could talk to them and ask what you would need in addition to the motor to make the 550 wheel. or add another 900 for the cams to make it make 700. Either way i would get in contact with them and ask what you need becuase they will know more than randoms on a forum. they offer a 24 month extended warranty so i imagine its fairly reliable here is a link to their website

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

View attachment 42675

Thank you thats perfect exatclty what i was looking for infact. and for the gt thats truely so tempting- def something to consider ill be keeping an eye on copart

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I watched a NX2 YouTube video on how to achieve 520 HP with forged internals and turbocharger.
Product Font Asphalt Magenta Screenshot

Seems like a short list to me, but they claim to have the data to back it up!?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Im definitly checking this out
I know from my personal experience that you can reach 400 calculated crankshaft horsepower with these bolt ons (plus TS wastegate/bypass) and fuel (VP X85) with pro tune on a stock long block (2015 to 2019) and stock OEM turbo charger for a little over $4000.
And I would be willing to add the NX2 turbo to a factory stock 2020+ long block (w/2nd gen. connecting rods) to 500 calculated crankshaft horsepower (total cost, $8 to $10 gran).
Or you can do the same modifications to a built motor with a cost of $15,000 and push those horsepower numbers from crankshaft to RWHP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know from my personal experience that you can reach 400 calculated crankshaft horsepower with these bolt ons (plus TS wastegate/bypass) and fuel (VP X85) with pro tune on a stock long block (2015 to 2019) and stock OEM turbo charger for a little over $4000.
And I would be willing to add the NX2 turbo to a factory stock 2020+ long block (w/2nd gen. connecting rods) to 500 calculated crankshaft horsepower (total cost, $8 to $10 gran).
Or you candles do the same modifications to a built motor with a cost of $15,000 and push those horsepower numbers from crankshaft to RWHP.
I heard the wastegate increases my chances of boom- that true? and I have a 2015 mustang could i get a 2020 long block working inside of it ? and sorry if this a stupid question but does a built motor 2.0 have a stronger block material or is it thicker all around to handle more? my ecoboost blew out through the wall of the block of the engine, and with the nx2 turbo i also heard the mustang can only handle about 23 psi would that turbo take me way over that psi?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Or you can do the same modifications to a built motor with a cost of $15,000 and push those horsepower numbers from crankshaft to RWHP.
CCA - that's a new thing I learned! :)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I heard the wastegate increases my chances of boom- that true? and I have a 2015 mustang could i get a 2020 long block working inside of it ? and sorry if this a stupid question but does a built motor 2.0 have a stronger block material or is it thicker all around to handle more? my ecoboost blew out through the wall of the block of the engine, and with the nx2 turbo i also heard the mustang can only handle about 23 psi would that turbo take me way over that psi?
Any mod can increase the chance of engine failure.
A wastegate may affect exhaust back pressure, not really sure, but on the other hand, the NX2 is said to reduce potential exhaust back pressure.
As for the blocks, as far as I know, they are all made of the same material. The big difference is the 2.0 has a semi closed deck and the 2.3 has an open deck.
I've compared photos of the 2020+ engine block with my 2018 block and I don't see any issues with interchangeability, and I don't know of any changes between the 2015 and 2018 engine block, but I haven't done any research on the 2015 motor.
I don't know the boost limit of our motors, but I'm comfortable with running mine on the track at 24+ lbs with the stock turbocharger. And 26 lbs, to maybe even 28 lbs with an upgraded turbo, again on the track or in a controlled environment. I do know a couple of guys with built motors and big turbo chargers pushing well over 30 lbs.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I owned an ecobost for about 3 weels before the enigne blew out mustang has been siting there a while, finaly saved up some cash and credit and I deciced to fully comit to the 4 banger till a shelby is a afordable lol. Im completly new to cars and modding them so I dont personaly know what to add to an engine if I just bought one stock, So Id rather purchase a Buillt ecoboost motor already safely pushing the High HP and then me just swaping it in. Unless a better option would be to build up a motor my self (if so where could i get the best starting engine block to wistand the high rpm ? and If so what things should I aim for.

Looking for either a strong builtt motor that will not blowout I want to do at least 400Hp but would love to do more... safely.
Or
the best ideas and things to buy to power up an engine I buy and wehre should I buy it from ?
It looks as though nobody actually answered your basic question? One person recommended a long block option, from a company that is kind of an unknown. If I were looking for a high-strength motor, I'd look no further than Esslinger Engineering. They've been building high-horsepower four cylinder Ford motors for decades. I believe their website is Esslingerracing.com. They have tons of high-quality parts for the Ecoboost engine. Check out their website, to see what they offer. I hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts