Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before I was leaning towards a Mishi intercooler. But all my product research was based off AM. Since I've joined this community I've been non stop reading.
Now I'm looking at either a levels or ATM IC.
I'm really diggin the atm design. However, they seem to be on pre order only right now, and are $200 more than a levels.

Is the atm with the $200 more?

·
Registered
403 Posts
The design is a lot like the mishi and others offered on eBay, in that it is stepped and uses up the area once used by the OEM IC, from what I’ve seen and heard it is a well built, quality piece. I’m not a fan of the extreme thickness at the bottom section though. I’m more familiar with the normal 3” thick flat design like CVF. IDK, maybe someone that has actually tested one against other IC’s with pressure drop, flow, etc. will chime in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else have any input? I'm stuck deciding between these intercoolers right now.

ATM IC

CVF race IC

Levels intercooler
(Website seems currently down)

·
Registered
403 Posts
The CVF race intercooler, is one of the few made specifically for the eco that I would consider. Those that simply go in the stock location or those that are stepped to fill the stock location, while better than the stock IC, do not cool as well as those designed like the CVF race intercooler. The extensive thickness is detrimental to the performance, that’s one reason why true performance IC’s are usually 3” thick and rarely exceed 4” thick.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My understanding is that it depends on location and intended use. The race one would not be good for daily use in a cold climate due to condensation, from what I have read.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My understanding is that it depends on location and intended use. The race one would not be good for daily use in a cold climate due to condensation, from what I have read.
Ive never had that problem in 30+ years using performance oriented IC’s under 4” thick, and in that time frame I’ve lived in Colorado, Alaska, Va, NC, and Germany.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts