Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just came to me in my e-mail @ the shop ...

Flowmaster 717848 Flowmaster FlowFX Cat-back Exhaust System - Moderate Sound

2015-19 Ford Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost, Stainless Steel FlowFX Cat-back Exhaust System
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Introducing Flowmaster's new FlowFX Cat-
back exhaust system for the 2015-19 Ford
Mustang with 2.3L EcoBoost engine. This
system is perfect for the person looking for
a deep powerful exterior sound while
maintaining a moderate interior sound
level with all of the performance benefits
that you would expect from Flowmaster.
Features include 3.00-inch mandrel-bent
stainless steel tubing flowing into a
Scavenger Y-pipe that then transitions into
dual 3.00-inch tubing flowing into FlowFX
"straight-through" mufflers for maximum
performance and a deep powerful sound.
The dual 3.00-inch tailpipes utilize the
factory hanger locations and are finished
off with a pair of large 4.00-inch carbon
Click Here for Direct Link to Website
fiber tips for a cool modern look. Designed for
an easy installation this system includes all
necessary parts, hardware, and detailed instructions. Note: Fits Coupes and Convertibles.
Features/Benefits:
 Stainless Steel Construction with Carbon Fiber Tips
 Dyno-Tuned for Maximum Performance
 FlowFX Straight-through Mufflers
 Includes Scavenger Y-pipe
 Quick & Easy Installation
 Deep Powerful Sound
If you have any questions about this or any Flowmaster product application, please contact our tech service
department at 866-464-6553.

upload_2019-7-2_8-43-54.png

·
Registered
628 Posts
My whole take on the dyno-tuned for maximum performance is... fluff spec. Cat-back exhaust doesn't add much in the way of HP and any decent system that maintains OEM form and fit, is going to have similar flow characteristics. Resonators and mufflers become your flow gateways, and again, any good aftermarket exhaust addresses that. So, when choosing an aftermarket exhaust, it really comes down to which one has the best sound for you. Now downpipes, that a different story...

Edit: I don't see a sound bite provided in that link to judge what is meant by moderate which seems at odds with deep and powerful in the description.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've always liked flowmaster stuff, usually sounds pretty good. I'm diggin those carbon tips too.

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My whole take on the dyno-tuned for maximum performance is... fluff spec.
Which is why I put this in accessories. It's another option out there, with what I think is a decent price, for someone who is looking for an exhaust.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Which is why I put this in accessories. It's another option out there, with what I think is a decent price, for someone who is looking for an exhaust.
True enough, just pointing out that someone expecting to bolt on horsepower with a cat-back might satisfy their butt dyno, but not the real dyno.

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a good point.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i really like this exhaust. don't know how i missed it for this long considering i've been trying to configure a custom exhaust incorporating the FlowFX muffler as a mid mount resonator. So before i fall more in love and scrap my custom dreams...what is the consequences of having 3" aftermarket catted DP step down to 2.5" Y-pipe and stepping back up to 3" axle-back?

·
Registered
907 Posts
i really like this exhaust. don't know how i missed it for this long considering i've been trying to configure a custom exhaust incorporating the FlowFX muffler as a mid mount resonator. So before i fall more in love and scrap my custom dreams...what is the consequences of having 3" aftermarket catted DP step down to 2.5" Y-pipe and stepping back up to 3" axle-back?
I wouldn't think there would be much of an issue. It should still flow much better than stock. I doubt it would ever be noticeable. The stock downpipe and resonator are usually the bottleneck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts