Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2015-2017 FORD MUSTANG ECOBOOST MAP UPDATES

WHAT DID WE UPDATE?

Our Reverse Engineering team dove into the "Ford Matrix" and uncovered some issues within some of the factory ECU logic. The problem actually exists even within the stock calibration but becomes more prevalent when trying to increase power on all of the EcoBoost Mustangs.

We discovered a weakness in the OEM control strategy that reduced HPFP capacity at high fuel demand. After some code revisions and testing, we were able to sprinkle in some custom COBB magic and resolve the problem. This fix will allow the EcoBoost Mustang to maintain higher fuel rail pressure and deliver more fuel resulting in more available and reliable power on the stock fuel system.

The graph above shows two 3rd gear pulls of a 2015 Mustang AT with our Stage3 kit. The difference is obvious but the experience behind the wheel will vary from car to car based on a few factors. The blue data points represent fuel pressure behavior prior to the latest updates. Despite the big drop in fuel pressure, with quality 93 octane and the relatively low elevation here in Austin, the car would often still continue to accelerate without any immediately tangible signs of a problem based purely on feel. But of course, just because you can't always feel something wrong from behind the wheel, doesn't mean there isn't an issue. Which is why data like this is so important. Identical testing in other areas with higher elevation and lower fuel quality would produce misfires and general problems making consistent and safe power. The red data points show massive improvements that will be beneficial for all cars even if you have not personally experienced any issues to this point and is absolutely vital for those looking to push the car beyond the very basic bolt-on modifications.

HOW DO YOU GET IT?

Please update your Accessport via Accessport Manager and then take the Accessport to the car and flash the latest version of the appropriate OTS v503 map to your car. If you already have a custom Pro-Tune, contact your tuner to see if your map needs to be resaved in the latest version of AccessTuner to make sure the update is applied.

READ MORE

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
For those tuned by Adam, I already pinged him on this and he indicates that none of his tunes are going to be affected by this update.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Anybody tried it yet? I'll probably get to it later today.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I installed it this morning no issues...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Downloading tonight.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Flashed it yesterday and it started and idled fine. Haven't driven it yet.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Updated the car and drove it. Feels fine no issues. Got the OAR back to -1

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just downloaded it and contacted Adam at Tune+ to see about getting it updated with the trans tune I have from him on my Stage 3 v502 map...his transmission tune is excellent!!! I'll wait to upload the new v503 until Adam can upgrade mine.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
Just downloaded it and contacted Adam at Tune+ to see about getting it updated with the trans tune I have from him on my Stage 3 v502 map...his transmission tune is excellent!!! I'll wait to upload the new v503 until Adam can upgrade mine.
You'll get a response from him that nothing needs to be updated from his end, that's it's already taken care of in his tune file.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You'll get a response from him that nothing needs to be updated from his end, that's it's already taken care of in his tune file.
Since Adam's tune is incorporated into the Cobb OTS map, wouldnt it get overwritten when the new v503 map is installed? or would the new Cobb map not overwrite the transmission tuning? newbie needs to know! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And a firmware update!

Release Notes - Accessport Firmware Update AP3-FOR-003
Firmware Update 1.7.3.0-16274:
Date: 6/12/2018

New Features:
All Ford Mustang EcoBoost Maps updated to v503 - (map notes)
Anti-Theft Mode v503.ptm
Stage0 v503.ptm
Stage1 91 OCT or 95 RON v503.ptm
Stage1 93 OCT or 98 RON v503.ptm
Stage2 91 OCT or 95 RON v503.ptm
Stage2 93 OCT or 98 RON v503.ptm
Stage3 91 OCT or 95 RON v503.ptm
Stage3 93 OCT or 98 RON v503.ptm
Valet Mode v503.ptm
Additional support for 2016 USDM Mustang EcoBoost AT.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
Since Adam's tune is incorporated into the Cobb OTS map, wouldnt it get overwritten when the new v503 map is installed? or would the new Cobb map not overwrite the transmission tuning? newbie needs to know! :)
So are you using a Tune+ map, or a Cobb OTS map? Adam told me I didn't need any updates for HIS map.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts