8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah but has anyone installed it, and hows the reliability? I'm always suspect of stuff like this, but it is cool as hell IMO.

Reactions: jaredstang

·
Read Only
0 Posts
it may also be too bright, I wonder if it dims like the rest of the console lights. if its super bright always, terribly annoying at night. if it dimmed down low like the other ambient lights, I think that would be cooler.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it may also be too bright, I wonder if it dims like the rest of the console lights. if its super bright always, terribly annoying at night. if it dimmed down low like the other ambient lights, I think that would be cooler.
The seller says the brightness sync with car system.
Hcbd05179c61048a7be4c2effcb7085a6C.jpg

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't understand the appeal of this, its a distraction for driver, and the passenger doesn't give a damn what you're car is doing. idk.
128% agreed. When I first saw these, I thought they looked pretty slick. Then I realized that I don't even have a clear view of the PP gauges in the center of the dash... Putting this even further over is completely useless and honestly a little dangerous if you're trying to look at it while driving (and don't say you won't, because you KNOW you'll want to look over at it all the time since it's cool lol. I would!)

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
55 Posts
It to me would be distracting. All guages I would want or need to see should be in front of me.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
128% agreed. When I first saw these, I thought they looked pretty slick. Then I realized that I don't even have a clear view of the PP gauges in the center of the dash... Putting this even further over is completely useless and honestly a little dangerous if you're trying to look at it while driving (and don't say you won't, because you KNOW you'll want to look over at it all the time since it's cool lol. I would!)
That display is meant for passengers to see engine stats while you are driving. It's supposed to mimic what Mclaren, Ferrari and Lamborghini have done to their sports cars.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have zero intention of putting this in my car, but I could see the appeal in some certain situations for those who just want to show off the performance of the car. It's pretty slick no doubt, but a little gimmicky for my personal taste. I'd be interested in what tapping to that fuse panel does to battery drain when the car is off as well, I've been doing some research into dash cams that have similar taps, and the reviews on drain are mixed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That display is meant for passengers to see engine stats while you are driving. It's supposed to mimic what Mclaren, Ferrari and Lamborghini have done to their sports cars.
I just don't see how that would be relevant on anything but a rally or expedition car...but if you tell people all the expensive cars are doing it, people are gonna buy it lol. I can't think of any other motorsport that would benefit from the extra weight of a passenger in order to monitor these things. This stuff is 100% just more gimmicky LED lights to sell people. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you're into, but trying to pass it off as anything else is only fooling yourself lol. I don't you mean you personally, that's not intended to be a personal jab haha

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I just don't see how that would be relevant on anything but a rally or expedition car...but if you tell people all the expensive cars are doing it, people are gonna buy it lol. I can't think of any other motorsport that would benefit from the extra weight of a passenger in order to monitor these things. This stuff is 100% just more gimmicky LED lights to sell people. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you're into, but trying to pass it off as anything else is only fooling yourself lol. I don't you mean you personally, that's not intended to be a personal jab haha
I agree. It's definitely gimmicky. I probably won't get it since I rarely have a passenger in the car with me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Call me paranoid, but if is made in China,I'll be [email protected] if I'm plugging it into my car's computer.
Aren't half of the sensors in our powertrain made in China though? Or any of the aftermarket handheld tuners that everyone uses? And most aftermarket parts in general? Not trying to get political or personal, but it's 2020; it's easier to live a vegan lifestyle than it is to buy/use 100% American made products lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts