Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've put a decent bit of effort over the past few years wrenching on my '15 EB purchased brand new LDW '15. I want to keep rolling with the upgrades and I'm not sure where to go next... So far I've done the following:

Performance:
  • BAMA X4 Tuner w/ Performance 93 Race Tune (customized for all parts listed)
  • Airaid CAI (Dry Filter)
  • Steeda Throttle Body Spacer
  • CVF Street Intercooler
  • CVF Aluminum Charge Pipes
  • CVF 3" Catted (200 cell) Downpipe
  • MagnaFlow Street Exhaust
  • FRPP COLD SPARK PLUG SET (4)
Handling:
  • Steeda Strut Tower Brace
  • Steeda Rear IRS Subframe Support Braces
  • Steeda G Track K Brace
  • Lightweight OZ Racing 19x9's squared
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 255/40R19
  • Wheel Spacers (the wider footing looks nice...)
  • CJ Red Stripe Steering wheel (better hand feel...)
Other:
  • UPR Catch Can w/ breather and upgraded valved hoses

I'm thinking next steps may be:
  • Lightweight Driveshaft
  • BOV
  • Larger Turbo (potential engine reinforcement)
  • Sway Bars (I like how the drives now...)
EDIT: I've been at this a few years and apparently I'm forgetting key items (Catch Can & Plugs are already in place)! TY @TurboTrigger604

·
Read Only
282 Posts
COBB Accessport and a pro tune from PD, Tune+ or Stratified >>>>>>> Bama SCT. No one pushing for big power on this platform uses Bama, their hay day was back In the fox body/sn95 days.
The other tuners listed above specialize in the ecoboost platform, but to each their own!

I'd also look into a catch can, and I assume you already have 1 step colder plugs yes?

Maybe a 10 or 12psi wastegate actuator as well? Really helps the car pull all the way to red line.

You've got a great list of parts so far, you can go big turbo without doing a built block, but don't plan on pushing the car past 450 wheel torque on stock internals/block.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
COBB Accessport and a pro tune from PD, Tune+ or Stratified >>>>>>> Bama SCT. No one pushing for big power on this platform uses Bama, their hay day was back In the fox body/sn95 days.
The other tuners listed above specialize in the ecoboost platform, but to each their own!

I'd also look into a catch can, and I assume you already have 1 step colder plugs yes?

Maybe a 10 or 12psi wastegate actuator as well? Really helps the car pull all the way to red line.

You've got a great list of parts so far, you can go big turbo without doing a built block, but don't plan on pushing the car past 450 wheel torque on stock internals/block.

THANK YOU SIR!

I've been told to look into other tuners but BAMA has been good to me. As for the catch can and plugs I did the UPR Can very quickly after purchasing the vehicle (immediately after we got the wife's '19 Explorer Sport) plugs were more recent. Can you recommend a Wastegate Actuator?

·
Read Only
282 Posts
THANK YOU SIR!

I've been told to look into other tuners but BAMA has been good to me. As for the catch can and plugs I did the UPR Can very quickly after purchasing the vehicle (immediately after we got the wife's '19 Explorer Sport) plugs were more recent. Can you recommend a Wastegate Actuator?
No problem, I'm not an expert by any means, just a long time eco owner who caught the mod bug too.

For the actuator here's what I have and no complaints with it. TUNE+ Upgraded Wastegate Actuator

·
Registered
570 Posts
Engine wise I have to echo turbotigger60, I had Bama tunes in the past, there are much better available, and on a side note, it’s probably time to step up to a larger intercooler, the stock position replacements are really lacking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Engine wise I have to echo turbotigger60, I had Bama tunes in the past, there are much better available, and on a side note, it’s probably time to step up to a larger intercooler, the stock position replacements are really lacking.
So new tuner and wastegate are at the top of my list now, what is your recommended tune Kent?

I would move on the Intercooler advice BUT I just bought the in place replacement Intercooler last summer/fall and I daily my EB year round and don't want to sacrifice the shutters in the winter and on long road trips.

·
Registered
570 Posts
So new tuner and wastegate are at the top of my list now, what is your recommended tune Kent?

I would move on the Intercooler advice BUT I just bought the in place replacement Intercooler last summer/fall and I daily my EB year round and don't want to sacrifice the shutters in the winter and on long road trips.
PD or Tune+ would be my choice. With the SCT hand held probably PD, I think Tune+ uses Cobb.
There are full size intercoolers that allow you to keep the shutters.

·
Read Only
282 Posts
PD or Tune+ would be my choice. With the SCT hand held probably PD, I think Tune+ uses Cobb.
Kent PD also uses Cobb, I believe Lund and Unleashed both use SCT though I could be wrong.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Tune+ uses Cobb.

·
Read Only
282 Posts
Do you know the PSI of that unit? CJPonyParts has them a bit cheaper in 7, 10 and 12PSI?
I believe Adam uses the 12 psi spring, but his is also different from the standard turbosmart wastegate

"This actuator is manufactured by Turbosmart Australia exclusively for TUNE+, using our proprietary spring system and a few other small design tweaks. The standard off the shelf Turbosmart actuator is a great upgrade, but needs a few changes to allow it to produce the below outlined benefits I was looking for."

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've put a decent bit of effort over the past few years wrenching on my '15 EB purchased brand new LDW '15. I want to keep rolling with the upgrades and I'm not sure where to go next... So far I've done the following:

Performance:
  • CVF Street Intercooler
Handling:
  • Steeda G Track K Brace
Other:
  • Lightweight Driveshaft
  • BOV
EDIT: I've been at this a few years and apparently I'm forgetting key items (Catch Can & Plugs are already in place)! TY @TurboTrigger604

Performance:
  • CVF Street Intercooler
Handling:
  • Steeda G Track K Brace
Other:
  • Lightweight Driveshaft
  • BOV
You have it about covered! But I would go for the bigger turbo next or even a twin turbo set up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts