Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Auto blogs are still buzzing about a “secret feature” that FoMoCo won’t talk about just yet, and it looks like the fine folks over at the Washington Post just revealed what this “secret feature” is going to be. According to their sources familiar with the matter they were*able to confirm that one of the […]
The post 2015 Ford Mustang’s Secret Feature Revealed appeared first on Mustang Ecoboost Forum.

Continue Reading...

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Auto blogs are still buzzing about a “secret feature” that FoMoCo won’t talk about just yet, and it looks like the fine folks over at the Washington Post just revealed what this “secret feature” is going to be. According to their sources familiar with the matter they were*able to confirm that one of the […]
The post 2015 Ford Mustang’s Secret Feature Revealed appeared first on Mustang Ecoboost Forum.

Continue Reading...
So what's the secret? Links don't work

·
Super Moderator
6,320 Posts
Digging up a post from the past!

It was the pony on the hood, the one that shows up with frost.

·
Super Moderator
6,320 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yes itis ther ..when i installed my roush hood scoop I was surprised to to see it ..that black liner is ther so if the engine ever catches fire ..it will drop down and smother the engine.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I do !! I'm really surprised that none of these aftermarket companies have not made any pre cut carbon fiber or chrome to fit in ther

·
Registered
258 Posts
Chrome Oval, Chrome Pony would be awesome for shows.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yes itis ther ..when i installed my roush hood scoop I was surprised to to see it ..that black liner is ther so if the engine ever catches fire ..it will drop down and smother the engine.
The liner is for heat and sound insulation. I doubt very much there was ever a thought for it smothering an engine fire by the engineers that spec'd it into the car.

Dave

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You can doubt it all you want but go ahead and do some research on it and ask a knowledgeable sales representative that's exactly what that piece is there for .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yup there is a Pony under the hood of mine.
Yep!!! Its there hiding under the black hood lining. Pulled the lining off today to install a Roush hood scoop. Idea for anyone painting it for show. Pony in white. Oval in red. Inner oval around pony in blue

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
You can doubt it all you want but go ahead and do some research on it and ask a knowledgeable sales representative that's exactly what that piece is there for .
First off using knowledgeable and sales representative in the same sentence is an oxymoron in most cases. I would never take what a salesperson states as fact.

While I did find a few references on the internet to it being there for fire suppression, the fact that it is stated on the internet does not make it so.

Consider this;
Not all cars come with them. If its purpose was a fire suppression it would be on all cars. The cars that don't have them are low end cars where sound suppression is not a high priority and cost control is.

Some cars they are optional and are included as part of a sound and insulation package.

While they may help in cases of a fire that is not why they are there. You could say the engine cover that dresses up the engine bay is for fire suppression too but the same argument holds true there too. They are not on all cars and typically aren't on the low end vehicles where cost is a priority.

Dave

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Glad you did some research on it !! And you could defend your statement all you want.. go ahead contact Ford.. they will tell you same .. its main purpose is keeping down heat .so it does not change color of the paint and as to ack as fire suppression for engine fire ..how much it will suppress probably not that much.and you are right not all cars come with them it's nice to know that the better cars are coming equipped with them. Glade we have one of them ..

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yep!!! Its there hiding under the black hood lining. Pulled the lining off today to install a Roush hood scoop. Idea for anyone painting it for show. Pony in white. Oval in red. Inner oval around pony in blue
Hey how did your Roush hood scoop turn out?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Removed my hood heat/sound shield today. The pony is there. Wonder why no one has ever come out with a decal to put there or is that not practical with the engine heat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts