Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new engine in my eco and drove it for about 3000 miles and it shut off one day exiting a roundabout at normal speed. It kept cranking no problem. I have a new battery in and I'm getting 78psi lpfs and 1800psi for, smells like some gas from the exhaust, it fired one cylinder a couple times but that was it. Car has bolt ons and stage 2 Cobb tune, I'm willing to try any of the tunes on my accessport, pd tunes as well as 3 Cobb tunes. Replaced my crank sensor and performed the relearn and still nothing. My only codes were catalyst system (no cat), random misfire on startup and registered misfires on cyls 1-3 from my bov leaking so bad, car has only ever made 9psi & 270ft lbs torque. But it's still been an awesome daily for months.

If I didn't have good fuel pressure I'd think it was the fuel pump behind me but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be getting pressure if the fuel pump went out.

Please give me some things to check!

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,164 Posts
Have you taken the spark plugs out and checked there not drenched in fuel as the BOV will be fucking up the AFR. Personally I've the BOV is leaking so bad I would replace it or better remove it and put OEM back on

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
241 Posts
That should be it. If it wasn't done at the time of the engine swap then you can damage the engine and it will go into limp mode accelerating while getting on the highway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it's still not starting after new plugs and another battery. I've done ECU relearn, I've set it to the PD base map instead of Cobb. Says I have 45miles to empty so it shouldn't be dry. Is there an inertia switch I should look for?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Would it make sense to disconnect the hose at the fuel pressure sensor and see if gas comes out when trying to start the car? Sorry, not even sure if thats safe or not, just throwing sh!t at the wall to see if it sticks. ⛔

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
241 Posts
There is an inertia switch, but I'd be surprised if simply using a roundabout would be enough to set it off. But it's worth checking. I'm not sure where it is located on S550 but the owners manual should tell you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts