Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The reason I thought I would start this thread is because I just placed an order with my dealer for one. :D The salesman claims I should have it within 8 weeks or so. However, he is a salesman. :rolleyes:

Anyway, here are the specs and codes...

2017 Ecoboost Premium Fastback - P8T
6-speed Automatic Transmission - 443 (Wife insisted option :p)
Exterior Color: Grabber Blue - CI
Interior Color: Ebony - 41
Equipment Group 200A
Ecoboost Performance Package - 67E

From what I could tell from looking at the dealer book, nothing much has changed from 2016 except exterior colors.

It should look like this upon delivery except with the PP 19” x 9” Ebony Black Aluminum Wheels

·
Super Moderator
6,116 Posts
They changed up the PP wheels?

·
Super Moderator
6,116 Posts
Nah...that's just an image I ripped from the Internet. Sorry, should have be more specific. The PP wheels are still the 19” x 9” Ebony Black Aluminums. Updated my post to reflect that.
cool. Wouldn't be surprised if they changed 'em. Either love the PP or hate the wheels.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worked up a 2017 with the PP Wheels on it and, what the heck, I gave it a name. Did I mention I am a big Disney fan, too?

Someone told me it was the perfect name as, just like magic, it will make my money disappear. o_O

·
Super Moderator
6,116 Posts
Color matches too. :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No news on the ordered 2017 Mustang but I did sell my 2005 V6 Mustang today. Mustang-less for the first time in two decades. I shall remain calm...for now. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Either love the PP or hate the wheels.
love them long enough to replace them. Ugh I hate it when the new wheels are still on back order

nice future car BTW

Reactions: ststang

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
love them long enough to replace them. Ugh I hate it when the new wheels are still on back order

nice future car BTW
Thank you...my plan for the PP wheels are to leave the snow tires on them and get new wheels next Spring. Now the fun begins to find those wheels. o_O

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Genie has left the building and is East Bound and Down (aka in transit) with an updated ETA of 8/1 or sooner according to Ford Service. Crossing my fingers it will be in before next Friday.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of your car, when you get it, in "Grabber Blue." Should be nice!

Reactions: ststang

·
Registered
873 Posts
I special-ordered my 2015 Convertible and it took eight weeks; almost to the day. After the salesman got the build date, he called me on a regular basis, to keep me informed of the car's progress from MI. to CA. Funny thing was, when the car was delivered to the dealer, the salesman wasn't there, so he didn't know the car was there until a few days later. But...as soon as he found out, he called me to come pick it up. The Grabber Blue is going to look great on the Mustang.

Reactions: Punchy

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
My delivery will be 10 weeks. The Flint Rock plant had a scheduled shut down during the 4th of July week which stretched it out.

Just ordered some more mods this morning. UPR Catch can, K&N drop in replacement air filter, Tune+ spark plugs. Once I get the car will start a build thread.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Genie has arrived at the dealership. Will pick it up tomorrow night after work (man, tomorrow is going to be a long day!). 77 Days from order to delivery. Darn 4th of July shutdown. I know they are getting them out faster now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good luck. Sleepless night tonight and the LONGEST DAY EVER tomorrow are in store for you !

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, it was, @LightningBlue17 but so worth it!

Picked up the GB EBM tonight! Tried to stay true to the color in post processing but it is a tricky color as it changes with the light.

Thrilled Apple CarPlay booted right up! I have missed it as I had installed a CarPlay unit in my 2005 V6.

More pics to come!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts