Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The second in the Time Trials championship here in Texas ... This time on Texas World Speedway. My favorite of the road tracks here in TX (I can't judge COTA yet, I don't have $1300 to run for the weekend there). Some history of TWS is here-> Texas World Speedway - Wikipedia

Kind of an Iconic spot for a photo. The red GT500 is a buddy of mine from Houston, we both track, but finally got to track together. We both have this shot solo.

and a white interloper. ;)

Best lap - 2nd session -- started at the back of the pack and had NO traffic. Couldn't duplicate it in the 3rd session as I moved up to mid-pack and was in traffic all the time. Each pass costs a couple of seconds on a lap. I understand why the race leader always puts down a faster time than 2 or 3.

The prior group in "impound." You have time after a race (or a day in our case) to inspect the other people's rides for infractions. You can protest if you find things that disqualify for a class. Usually more of a shoot-the-bull session.

Our Paddock (or garage area for the high-calibur teams :) ) -- where you unpack, prep the car, check it between sessions. and/or sleep between runs. :eek:

Grid. Lined up and waiting to go out on track. Usually lined up in order determined by the fast run in your last session. Both the BMW and the Miata directly to my left spun in front of me. Honestly ... I wasn't bump-drafting 'em. ;)

Still needs "moar wide" but dayum, that azz. :D

Reactions: ststang

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the results in traffic. I need instruction in "playing with others."

Reactions: Elvis 66

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice!

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And this is why I do this ...

With the "intercooler camera"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.