Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up Mustang Ecoboost Forum!

Really Quick, excuse my noob-ishness, I’m still newer to all of this! Just reaching out to learn more!

2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
30k miles-ish on it.

After I’m done with my exterior mods, I have been Thinking, looking at for ways to possibly upgrade my car’s performance a tiny bit...
So I started looking, and after actual weeks of searching, I collectively found these to be the only safe ways to up your ecoboost.

1) Upgrade the intake tubing.
2) Intercooler
3) Bigger, cat-back style exhaust system for higher airflow
4) of course.. the tune

So I started searching. Put my eyes on the AirRaid Intake tube. Put my eyes on the Magnaflow CatBack full exhaust system, and so.. now I’d have to look for a tune. - Read a bunch, and lots don’t like the “one-size fits all” approach of, say, an off-the-shelf tune such as a Cobb #1. And my brother has a stang v8 pro-tuned, so he suggested that I should go for a pro-tune, made specifically for my car.

Then, after some recommendations by forum users, I read and found about COBB. Well, ****. They have literally everything I’ve been listing, in a package.

Except, I am seriously am concerned about the health of my car. Wouldn’t doing all these things to my car, and tuning it in that way.. hurt it? Wouldn’t it confuse and wear it more and more, since it’s not factory stock?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

Really Quick, excuse my noob-ishness, I’m still newer to all of this! Just reaching out to learn more!

30k miles-ish on it.

After I’m done with my exterior mods, I have been Thinking, looking at for ways to possibly upgrade my car’s performance a tiny bit...
So I started looking, and after actual weeks of searching, I collectively found these to be the only safe ways to up your ecoboost.

2) Intercooler
4) of course.. the tune

So I started searching. Put my eyes on the AirRaid Intake tube. Put my eyes on the Magnaflow CatBack full exhaust system, and so.. now I’d have to look for a tune. - Read a bunch, and lots don’t like the “one-size fits all” approach of, say, an off-the-shelf tune such as a Cobb #1. And my brother has a stang v8 pro-tuned, so he suggested that I should go for a pro-tune, made specifically for my car.

Then, after some recommendations by forum users, I read and found about COBB. Well, ****. They have literally everything I’ve been listing, in a package.

Except, I am seriously am concerned about the health of my car. Wouldn’t doing all these things to my car, and tuning it in that way.. hurt it? Wouldn’t it confuse and wear it more and more, since it’s not factory stock?
I've been running my car on the COBB stage 3 map with the required upgrades and it runs like a cherry. I've had the tune on for a few months. If you want more power then the stage 3 map is a good starting point. I'd look at PDTUNING and Tune+ as the two main tuners in the EcoBoost community. They both offer $300 lifetime tunes and can provide lots of guidance on how to best mod an EcoBoost safely. Just make sure that you match your current mods to whatever stage map will work with them. You will also need a COBB tuner to go with an aftermarket pro tune from those two tuners.

·
Registered
2018 Premium Fastback
55 Posts
They have literally everything I’ve been listing, in a package.
You're thread title states stage 3, but your list does not include a down pipe (turbo back exhaust). Assuming your upgrade list is correct you should use stage 2. I'd assume stage 3 on a car without an aftermarket downpipe would be a serious issue.

I have not tuned yet. So I can't vouch for the reliability of any tune, but I would expect a less aggressive tune to be safer than a more aggressive one.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
142 Posts
Read in an older thread that stage 2 wasn't much, if any improvement, on stage 1 OTS. I'm planning on running a Cobb stage 1 93 in the near future.

Just finished installing a Cp-e fmic and GFB DV+. Also went with the Radium dual-baffle PCV plate with the upgraded PCV valve and finished up the circuit with a Mishimoto occ. I hear these meassures will help maintain octane rating by reducing oil ingestion. Should keep the new NGK colder plugs cleaner, longer too.

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
113 Posts

30k miles-ish on it.

2) Intercooler
4) of course.. the tune

i'm running cobb stage 1 93 octane tune , roush cai , resonator delete,1 step colder NGK plugs by adam tuned ,dv+ diverter valve and a MAP intercooler and i'm really happy with the way it runs and I still get 24-30 mpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm running cobb stage 1 93 octane tune , roush cai , resonator delete,1 step colder NGK plugs by adam tuned ,dv+ diverter valve and a MAP intercooler and i'm really happy with the way it runs and I still get 24-30 mpg
So what horsepower and torque do yet get on this setup? I've got Stage 1 and a CAI on my 2017 and am happy with that for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts