Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Im looking for a newer model Mustang Ecoboost to either fix up get a rebuilt title and use as a daily, or to fix up get a rebuilt title and flip. I know a couple independent body shops near me. One of my friends has a dealer license on Copart and IAAI and has agreed to help purchase any vehicles I find there. He has been involved in purchasing salvage vehicles and flipping them, but mainly crossovers and suv’s. I found this 2018 base Ecoboost with 63,000 miles with a salvage title in Tennessee on Copart. Using BidCars, when I entered the VIN, I noticed that unlike other salvage Ecoboosts I found, this one has not been in a previous auction according to the site. It is a pure sale item. My friend says it looks good, but it’s up to me to buy it or not. He estimates it will sell at auction for around 8.5 grand given its a base, a first year s550 with the refresh, and it’s in a base color. Can you guys help me out in determining if it’s a good idea to buy this? What does the damage look like at a glance? Thanks in advance!
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Car seat cover

·
Registered
422 Posts
If the trunk and door gaps are off don't do it. Other wise should be only a few thousand to fix maybe you can find used parts at usual places. Have to check if you need new airbag and other sensors possiblyna seat belt assembly...
First thing I saw was that the trunk looks off. Looks like it was hit hard doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I would price the airbag and sensors required to be replaced after bag deployment. They can become quite pricey quickly as can be chassis straightening.

BD

·
Registered
162 Posts
While I understand you are looking at this car in particular I would look for something that has hail damage. Less to worry about and there are quite a few available with lower mileage
Here are a few https://www.copart.com/lot/58108662/2021-ford-mustang-ia-des-moines

I got mines, a 2017 base with 500 miles with hail damage and with the price I got it at and the upgrades I have made over the years I have no regrets. With an accident it all depends on who does the repair and how good they do it. It's never 100% OEM. With hail damage it's mostly cosmetic and that does not affect the way it drives

·
Registered
738 Posts
The insurance companies total these things for a reason. If you don't know how to fix what's broken yourself I don't see how you can make money off of these things. A lot of them that are put back on the road are unsafe when not done correctly. I'd run and find another way to make money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts