Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since Squidd cited the need to wait until the Engine Oil Temperature (Guage Mode display) reached Normal levels before serious "boosting", I have noted that the my 18 EB PP with the 10 speed auto transmission shifts much more smoothly when the Transmission Oil Temperature reaches close to 200 degrees. Of the three temperatures, coolant, engine oil, transmission oil, the auto transmission oil temperature displayed in the Gauge Menu takes the longest to reach "normal" levels, whatever normal is. Members may ask why I am posting this thread. I don't really know but felt that I had to.

·
Super Moderator
6,149 Posts
It's nice that you have a transmission temp gauge available. I have not scanned through the available monitors on my Cobb Accessport to see if trans temp is available.

That being said, when I add supplementary gauges to my I4 Fox and my '69 F100 it will be oil pressure, oil temp and trans temp. The coolant voltage and fuel level can be monitored on the stock panel.

Reactions: zhent

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's nice that you have a transmission temp gauge available. I have not scanned through the available monitors on my Cobb Accessport to see if trans temp is available.

That being said, when I add supplementary gauges to my I4 Fox and my '69 F100 it will be oil pressure, oil temp and trans temp. The coolant voltage and fuel level can be monitored on the stock panel.
Thanks for commenting Squid. As I noted it was your post that got me looking at the Gauge Menus.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ever since Squidd cited the need to wait until the Engine Oil Temperature (Guage Mode display) reached Normal levels before serious "boosting" ...
agreed .. i saw that post a few days ago while doing a forum search (i think..could've been a recent post too) either way, after a few days of taking his advice and putting Engine Oil Temp gauge on after i start the car, i feel better, more informed, more responsible and know this recommendation deserves a BUMP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts