Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a concern regarding displays available on my 2018 Mustang Type 2 12” LCD Digital Instrument Cluster.
Pages 89-91 of the 2018 Mustang Owners Manual indicate that the following “analog” gauges (a total of 3) are available in the Gauge Mode for display on the instrument cluster:
Air/Fuel Ratio
Axle Oil Temp *
Boost/Vacuum
Cylinder Head Temp
Inlet Air Temp
Oil Pressure *
Oil Temp *
Trans Oil Temp
Vacuum *
Voltage
When accessing the Gauge Mode on my 2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium convertible (does not have the Performance Pack), those gauge options designated with an asterisk * do not appear?
I would like to show the Engine Oil Pressure, Boost/Vacuum along with the Trans Oil Temp on my instrument cluster but only two out of the three “analog” gauges seem to be available.
I understand why Vacuum would not be available since my engine is the 2.3 Turbo and I therefore have the Boost/Vacuum "analog" gauge option. I also have heard that Ford no longer includes the Oil Temp analog gauge option.
Did Ford eliminate the Engine Oil Pressure gauge option for my model Mustang at some point or is my “electronic control unit” malfunctioning?
I have also reviewed numerous YouTube video demonstrations of the Type 2 LCD Digital Instrument Cluster and all videos have shown 7 "analog" gauge options available whereas my instrument cluster only has six "analog" gauge options?

·
Registered
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
3 Posts
I have a concern regarding displays available on my 2018 Mustang Type 2 12” LCD Digital Instrument Cluster.
Pages 89-91 of the 2018 Mustang Owners Manual indicate that the following “analog” gauges (a total of 3) are available in the Gauge Mode for display on the instrument cluster:
Air/Fuel Ratio
Axle Oil Temp *
Boost/Vacuum
Cylinder Head Temp
Inlet Air Temp
Oil Pressure *
Oil Temp *
Trans Oil Temp
Vacuum *
Voltage
When accessing the Gauge Mode on my 2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium convertible (does not have the Performance Pack), those gauge options designated with an asterisk * do not appear?
I would like to show the Engine Oil Pressure, Boost/Vacuum along with the Trans Oil Temp on my instrument cluster but only two out of the three “analog” gauges seem to be available.
I understand why Vacuum would not be available since my engine is the 2.3 Turbo and I therefore have the Boost/Vacuum "analog" gauge option. I also have heard that Ford no longer includes the Oil Temp analog gauge option.
Did Ford eliminate the Engine Oil Pressure gauge option for my model Mustang at some point or is my “electronic control unit” malfunctioning?
I have also reviewed numerous YouTube video demonstrations of the Type 2 LCD Digital Instrument Cluster and all videos have shown 7 "analog" gauge options available whereas my instrument cluster only has six "analog" gauge options?
Man, I have this exact same question! My 2020 EB Premium is missing the same gauges in my 12 inch LCD instrument cluster as you are! Mine's got the 10-speed automatic, I don't know if that makes any difference. Mine doesn't have the performance package either, but it does have the 201A package. It's been real frustrating not being able to get an answer to this.

Maybe we don't get the Oil Pressure gauge because we don't have the Performance Package. If that's so, I can't imagine WHY Ford would feel an Oil Pressure gauge is a "performance" gauge. To me, it's as important as a coolant temp gauge.

I'm gonna reach out to Ford through their Owners site and ask them directly. If I get an answer form them, I'll let you know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is the 201A package ?

Ken
Here you go. From the brochure:

PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE (Equipment Group 201A) ECOBOOST PREMIUM
  • 12" configurable LCD digital instrument cluster with MyColor®
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System
  • Premier Trim with Color Accent Group: stitched center console lid, wrapped knee bolsters
    with accent stitching, and shifter boot; color-accented leather-trimmed front seats and unique door-trim panel inserts; wrapped center console with accent stitching; and Linked Graphite aluminum instrument panel trim
  • BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
  • Memory feature for driver’s seat, sideview mirrors and ambient lighting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, I have this exact same question! My 2020 EB Premium is missing the same gauges in my 12 inch LCD instrument cluster as you are! Mine's got the 10-speed automatic, I don't know if that makes any difference. Mine doesn't have the performance package either, but it does have the 201A package. It's been real frustrating not being able to get an answer to this.

Maybe we don't get the Oil Pressure gauge because we don't have the Performance Package. If that's so, I can't imagine WHY Ford would feel an Oil Pressure gauge is a "performance" gauge. To me, it's as important as a coolant temp gauge.

I'm gonna reach out to Ford through their Owners site and ask them directly. If I get an answer form them, I'll let you know!
I did reach out to several Ford dealerships and was finally informed that not all options that appear in the "analog gauge" options are available on all Ecoboost Premium Mustangs. The Oil Pressure gauge option is only available on those Mustangs equipped with the Performance Package which I feel is rather redundant since both an analog oil pressure gauge and vacuum boost gauge located in the center dash are included with the Performance Package. DUH!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did reach out to several Ford dealerships and was finally informed that not all options that appear in the "analog gauge" options are available on all Ecoboost Premium Mustangs. The Oil Pressure gauge option is only available on those Mustangs equipped with the Performance Package which I feel is rather redundant since both an analog oil pressure gauge and vacuum boost gauge located in the center dash are included with the Performance Package. DUH!!!
Well, hell. That's... disappointing. Thanks so much for the info. I wonder if there's some sort of software or firmware update available that would give us an Oil Pressure gauge? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Ford only installs the oil pressure sending unit on Mustangs equipped with the Performance Package option. At least that's what the Ford dealerships told me. BUMMER! 😥 You'd probably have to have the oil pressure sending unit installed (if possible) then have it interface with the gauge option package software (if possible) in order to get the "analog oil pressure" in our instrument cluster. Don't know if any of that is even possible?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts