Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DRIVE – (verb) – to cause and guide the movement of, or otherwise cause to move by force or compulsion

We are driven to change the paradigm that is autocross. OPTIMA’s DriveAutoX is a series of autocross lifestyle events that are as much about the social aspect as they are about the competition. We call it “AutoX”. The DriveAutoX series will emphasize both the drivers and their social experience, while developing new and unique formats that will test driver skill and vehicle performance.

OPTIMA Batteries Drive Autocross <-- the page
Register – OPTIMA Batteries Drive Autocross <-- The calendar.
http://driveautox.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/driveautox-rules-v1.4.pdf <-- The rules

I intend on doing the Mineral Wells event. Should be a blast.

·
Administrator
3,757 Posts
Interesting. I really like the "no having to chase cones" aspect of it. I'll be torn, there's an autocross in San Antonio the Saturday of the Mineral Wells event.

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Equipe Rapide has their challenge that Sunday as well. I think that several of us from the Shop are heading to Optima.

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Equipe Rapide moved their event.

I'm signed up for October in Mineral Wells.

·
Administrator
3,757 Posts
I've got this on my calendar, but won't make a decision until closer to the event.

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TTT !!

This event was a blast. Saturday was wet, WET but did start to dry out in the afternoon.
Sunday was a little bit foggy or misty in the morning, and then turned out to be a beautiful day.
Got a little bit of precipitation on the trip home, but the massive amount of rain-x on the windshield works like a champ!

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last qual run before the runoffs. My fast run @ 65.460 .. a full second behind the Camaro above me in the ladder o' times.

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And the finale ...
Take the one course, tie the end into the beginning to make a loop
Take the competitors from each class (GT in my case)
Line one up directly across from the other, arm drop start.
Make one complete lap of the looped course and the 1st one across their start line wins.

1.4 seconds. Bummer.

It was, however, my best run of the day, and especially good since I had a dash lit up like a christmas tree.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gauge Measuring instrument

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.