For Immediate Release:
Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo: 2018 Event Schedule
TOPEKA, Kan. (November 6, 2017) – The 2018 Tire Rack SCCA® ProSolo® schedule has been published and is comprised of 10 events this year, as well as the Tire Rack ProSolo Finale in early September. The schedule is subject to change, but the planned 2018 Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo calendar rundown is as follows:
- March 9-11: Tire Rack Fort Myers ProSolo; Lehigh Acres, Florida
- March 23-25: Tire Rack Fontana ProSolo; Fontana, California
Auto Club Speedway
- April 20-22: Tire Rack Crows Landing ProSolo; Crows Landing, California
NASA Crows Landing Airport
- April 27-29: Tire Rack Blytheville ProSolo; Blytheville, Arkansas
- May 4-6: Tire Rack New Jersey ProSolo; East Rutherford, New Jersey
Meadowlands Sports Complex
- May 24-26: Tire Rack Spring Nationals ProSolo; Lincoln, Nebraska
- June 1-3: Tire Rack Texas ProSolo; Mineral Wells, Texas
Mineral Wells Airport
- June 15-17: Tire Rack Ohio ProSolo; Swanton, Ohio
Toledo Express Airport
- July 20-22: Tire Rack Packwood ProSolo; Packwood, Washington
Former Hampton Lumber Mills Packwood
- August 3-5: Tire Rack Oscoda ProSolo; Oscoda Township, Michigan
- August 31-September 2: Tire Rack ProSolo Finale; Lincoln, Nebraska
During ProSolo events, drivers face off, side-by-side, at a "Christmas Tree" start before launching down a straightaway and into mirror image autocross courses. Three heats of Class competition give drivers 12 total runs, six on each course. Like other Solo competitions, runs are timed to 1/1000th of a second and knocking a cone down means a two-second penalty added to a time.
Opening runs determine class rankings and set the qualifying order for the second part of the event which determines the overall winner. The top qualifiers enter single-elimination brackets and conduct runoffs until only one driver remains; The Top Eliminator. Additionally, the Ladies Challenge pits top female qualifiers against one another, while the Super Challenge features the top 32 Open Class competitors in a winner-take-all battle. There is even a Bonus Challenge where randomly selected, non-qualifying drivers can compete for prizes and bragging rights.
Competitors earn class and Challenge points throughout the season that count toward the Overall Ladies and Open ProSolo Championships. Class National Championships and Overall ProSolo Championships are determined by combining regular season points with points earned at the ProSolo Finale in Lincoln, Nebraska.
For additional information on Tire Rack SCCA Solo, visit www.scca.com/solo.
The Sports Car Club of America®, Inc., founded in 1944, is a 67,500-member motorsports organization that incorporates all facets of autocross, rally and road racing at both Club and professional levels. With headquarters in Topeka, Kansas, the SCCA annually sanctions over 2,000 events through its 116 Regions and subsidiary divisions. Much of the SCCA's activities are made possible with support from the following Official Partners: Chevrolet, the Official Truck of the SCCA; Hawk Performance, the Official Brake Products of SCCA; Mobil 1, the Official Oil of SCCA; Sunoco, the Official Fuel of SCCA; and Tire Rack, the Official Tire Retailer of SCCA. To learn more, please visit www.scca.com.