Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a MANUAL 2019 ecoboost 201A performance package. I short shift nearly everything and barely get in boost except entering on the highway and i have worse MPG than a GT500 how
And yes i did reset the trip, this is after a month of driving

Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part Vehicle Car

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ouch. My average (over ~33K kilometres) on the screen is (optimistically) showing 9.4 litres/100 km, which is about 25 USmpg. This with an automatic but a lot of top down mileage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 premium 6M routinely gets 25+ mixed and better than 30 straight highway. I don't short shift or lug the engine. Keeping the RPMs above 2000 and below 3000 when highway running. I always downshift to climb long highway grades. I live in the mountains of Northeast Tennessee.

Speedometer Plant Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you are truly in town, like all streets and no freeway at all, on short trips, then your mpg is not unusual. When I drove mixed, highway run into the city, then on and off freeway loop around city, and then city streets, I would get 26 or so. All in town, small town, 35 mph, short trips of 10 or 15 mins, I get 16 to 18. Short trips will always be low mpg as the car runs rich until fully warm and stop and start sucks up a lot of gas given it's a relatively heavy car. The mileage is highly variable to begin with given how much you put your foot into it. I've noticed that you get better gas milage getting up to speed quickly, and then keeping your foot out of it vs being very gentle on the throttle the whole time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I just bought a MANUAL 2019 ecoboost 201A performance package. I short shift nearly everything and barely get in boost except entering on the highway and i have worse MPG than a GT500 how
And yes i did reset the trip, this is after a month of driving

View attachment 41233
It's very difficult to compare MPG, When driving in the city. There are just too many variables. What mpg can you get on the highway at a steady 70 mph, on flat terrain, in good weather, no rain or snow, no strong head winds? Also, use a calculator to check your MPG, as the trip meter is generally optimistic. I have a 100A base model, with 10 speed automatic and 3.15 rear gears. At 70-75
MPH, I typically see about 35 MPG. My best was 40.5 MPG, but that was at 60
MPH under ideal conditions, during the day using no A/C or heat, no lights, and good weather. Realize that my car is optioned the best you can get for MPG.
It's the lightest, has the 10 speed auto with 3.15 gears, and has the narrowest tires at 235 MM. Performance Pack cars won't do as well, because they're heavier, with bigger wheels and tires, bigger brakes, bigger cooling system, etc. Also, they have 3.55 gears.
The worst combination for MPG would be a Premium Performance Pack car, with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang 6MT HPP/HP
113 Posts
With a 2020 HPP/HP 6MT car my 5K average over the last six months is 22.5 mpg. Mostly highway with one track day and about 4 autocrosses per month. Highway average is about 26 mpg usually around 80 mph. Autocross mpg about 5. Around town 19-21 but 21-22 requires a really light foot.

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 6-speed manual, premium
35 Posts
Lot of variables for sure, but you can always check your plugs, make sure you are using quality fuel, and drive it with "intention." You wont enjoy your ride or get the most out of it long term if you try to hyper mile the car on anything but straight highway.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
977 Posts
I don't no about MPG but I can nuke $20 of Vpower in about 5 mins.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser
1 - 12 of 12 Posts