Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and Eco mustang scene.

I absolutely love the Mustang eco boost! was a JDM tuner guy years ago I faded out of the scene as a whole when my 01 accord finally tapped out after 15 years of awesome fun.
Started seeing these badass mustangs and found out they were boosted 4 bangers...I was like WTF in a Mustang? OH HELL YEAH I'M GETTING ONE then the research was on!! There isn't a better bang for your buck RWD boosted 4cyl out there, offered in manual and with a pretty damn good auto trans as well. So the question is an HPP or eco boost premium and build it yourself?

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
New to the forum and Eco mustang scene.

I absolutely love the Mustang eco boost! was a JDM tuner guy years ago I faded out of the scene as a whole when my 01 accord finally tapped out after 15 years of awesome fun.
Started seeing these badass mustangs and found out they were boosted 4 bangers...I was like WTF in a Mustang? OH HELL YEAH I'M GETTING ONE then the research was on!! There isn't a better bang for your buck RWD boosted 4cyl out there, offered in manual and with a pretty damn good auto trans as well. So the question is an HPP or eco boost premium and build it yourself?
If you want to go fast and be quick?! Take a look at the highly tuneable 10 speed transmission!

Reactions: Buldawg76

·
Administrator
3,836 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If I were ordering a new car, I'd order the HPP with magneride and manual transmission for the fun factor. If drag strip, straight line, performance is your thing, then by all means get the A10 transmission.

If I were looking for s used one, get an HPP or performance pack car and build from there. The remaining "premium" features are pretty easy to add in.

·
Registered
2021 Ecoboost HPP w/ Handling Package. Black with red leather interior.
1 Posts
There’s only one choice, manual or A10. Otherwise it’s HPP for sure, I mean hand built engine for one. Second you get a bigger turbo and strut and sway bars and a better factory tune. There’s more, plus you get all the premium features because HPP is only available with premium. You absolutely must get the handling package. This is why HPP over all else. For $2k you get the brembo brake package, a 3.55 rear dif, bigger better wheels and those sweet sticky perelli p zero corsa summer tires, the magna-ride suspension, plus other suspension upgrades. It’s about $8k worth if goodies in total. The best bang for buck. No other package on the planet comes close. Good luck adding all that to a premium, factory or aftermarket. You won’t come close to price and it will take a lot to match the performance. You get a track ready car with a GT350 rear end. And since it’s a 4 banger it whips around corners without a hint of oversteer, unlike the 5.0.
I have a 2021 HPP w/ handling package plus 201 group. It’s by far the most fun car I’ve ever owned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a 2022 HPP with the handling package, manual transmission. There was nothing in the “premium“ that I wanted. I actually prefer cloth seats.

Cost is around 39K USD. A premium HPP without the handling package will be well over 40K USD.

The handling package requires an upgrade to 101a but this is not the same as a premium. It gets you a larger screen, 9-speaker stereo, dual-zone climate control, etc. Premium gets you leather, digital dash, navigation and some other bells & whistles.

BTW the handling package also gets you what I think are much nicer wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts