Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Mike and approx 4 months ago I purchased an Iconic Silver, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost with the HPP (330hp/350tq) + Handing Package. So far I love everything about the car! More fun to drive than the 2004 Mercedes CL55 I used to own (POWERFUL & FAST but...a maintenance nightmare)!!
With the slightly larger turbo than the regular 310hp EcoBoost I'm looking for help finding an effective Cold Air Intake and Tune that will take me to 400hp/400+tq?
I live in Mesa, AZ and Vivid Racing is close by. Any ideas?

MVF

·
Registered
523 Posts
Your be very lucky if you achieve 400bhp with just those bolt ons and a tune on regular fuel.

·
Super Moderator
3,243 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
42 Posts
You're not gonna be able to hit those numbers with only an intake/tune. If you want the extra sound get a CAI, if not just go with replacement high filter in the stock air box. With an intercooler and downpipe you MAY be able to hit 400/400.

I'm not sure how accurate the accessport figures for hp/torque are, but with a replacement filter and canned tune i've gotten as high as ~350hp/400tq.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your be very lucky if you achieve 400bhp with just those bolt ons and a tune on regular fuel.
That's kinda what I'm finding out. Runs great on 87 octane...91 is available but $.60 per gallon more!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're not gonna be able to hit those numbers with only an intake/tune. If you want the extra sound get a CAI, if not just go with replacement high filter in the stock air box. With an intercooler and downpipe you MAY be able to hit 400/400.

I'm not sure how accurate the accessport figures for hp/torque are, but with a replacement filter and canned tune i've gotten as high as ~350hp/400tq.
What kind of filter & tune!?? 40 extra hp with my HPP application would be great!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Go to for most is a KnN drop in. But Cobb and Green make ones just as good.

Cobb access port is also a go to for most.

I would deffo look at running premium gas. The general consensus here is you bought a Mustang if your worried about MPG and cost of fuel maybe buy a eco worrier euro **** box

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go to for most is a KnN drop in. But Cobb and Green make ones just as good.

Cobb access port is also a go to for most.

I would deffo look at running premium gas. The general consensus here is you bought a Mustang if your worried about MPG and cost of fuel maybe buy a eco worrier euro **** box
Let me do a little research and I'll prob follow your lead. Thanks a ton Horcy1!

·
Registered
42 Posts
What kind of filter & tune!?? 40 extra hp with my HPP application would be great!!
It's this filter. Tuned with a cobb accessport, bought it used for 350.

Also premium gas. If you want to make the most of these engines the premium is a must. Is there a costco around you? the savings in gas more than makes up for the $60 membership

·
Registered
148 Posts
Will the FORD tune display the gear you are in while in D?
My Son had a Cobb tune in his car and I really liked that feature.
I'm not going as hot on a tune as most people here are, just want to keep things safe for the larger intercooler and larger dia. pipe that I added from turbo to throttle body and a wastegate actuator with a slightly heavier spring. It runs harder than it did stock, so I want to make sure I haven't crossed the line into too much without a safe tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts