Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. Earlier today I checked for error codes on my Mustang and it found one code showing: P0A14. I did a Google search for that code and all I came up with was "Engine Mount Control Circuit/Open".

Okay, I know what an "open circuit" is. But Engine mount control circuit?? Geez, they have electronics on motor mounts now? What needs "controlling" on a motor mount? That just sounds crazy to me. What is that, some sort of sensor that detects when the engine falls out of the chassis? :D Whatever it is, I'm still under warranty, so I'm not too concerned, just very curious.

Does anybody here have any explanation of this code? Many thanks!

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Some ecos had vacuum controlled oil filled motor mounts on them and the code is saying the PCM is not seeing the correct voltage to the control solenoid, but I thought those were only on the 15-17 model year and some early 18s. If you do not see any lines or wires going to the mounts then I am not sure why its setting that code. My 2020 eco premium does not have the vacuum/oil mounts on it so cannot help any further.

Interested in what your dealer says/determines is the cause.

BD

Reactions: Coyote Chaser
1 - 2 of 2 Posts