Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the ecoboost community, I was reading about intercooler upgrades, I was wondering if the HP version suffers from the same heating problems as the non HP versions, although I am planning on catless downpipe and resonator delete which I've already purchased, does anyone think I should still upgrade the intercooler before next summer comes along?
I am also going to use livernois tunes, I already have the tuner from an explorer I use to have which I put back to factory tune before I traded it in so I can buy the tunes for my mustang.

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
272 Posts
Yes it does, all mustangs have the same intercooler, IMO the first performance mod should be a bigger intercooler. It will help the car run at optimal performance along with good premium gas. I have a 2020 HPP with FBO's and NX2 Precision turbo. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does, all mustangs have the same intercooler, IMO the first performance mod should be a bigger intercooler. It will help the car run at optimal performance along with good premium gas. I have a 2020 HPP with FBO's and NX2 Precision turbo. Hit me up if you have any questions.

on my explorer it always threw fault code for o2 sensor, I believe it was because I had removed the resonator, I will find out if it's the same on the mustang or worse because I'm putting a catless downpipe, no biggy on the explorer I always cleared the code, what do you think it's going to be like on the mustang?

·
Registered
272 Posts
on my explorer it always threw fault code for o2 sensor, I believe it was because I had removed the resonator, I will find out if it's the same on the mustang or worse because I'm putting a catless downpipe, no biggy on the explorer I always cleared the code, what do you think it's going to be like on the mustang?
I run a catted CVF DP with a Jbar style spacer and middle insert, no codes, no CEL. I run a 91 pro tune from 5* star but just ordered 91 and e30 tune from Ryan at PD TUNING. All we have here in AZ is 91

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run a catted CVF DP with a Jbar style spacer and middle insert, no codes, no CEL. I run a 91 pro tune from 5* star but just ordered 91 and e30 tune from Ryan at PD TUNING. All we have here in AZ is 91

livernois gave me 4 tunes for the explorer, regular gas, silver, 91 and 93/e85, didn't ask for all of them, but I did ask what was e85 and they said that they use the same 93 tune for the e85, I just read on a focus rs forum about e30, I've never heard of that, but I understand it's 30% ethenol and 70 premium, but like I said it's really hard to find 93 here.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
livernois gave me 4 tunes for the explorer, regular gas, silver, 91 and 93/e85, didn't ask for all of them, but I did ask what was e85 and they said that they use the same 93 tune for the e85, I just read on a focus rs forum about e30, I've never heard of that, but I understand it's 30% ethenol and 70 premium, but like I said it's really hard to find 93 here.
Yes E30 is a blend between e85 and 91 or 93 octane. With an e30 tune and the bigger NX2 turbo the car will make 380-400whp and 400-420trq.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts