Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
also I believe those numbers are for the smaller turbo
I called the livernois and asked them about e30 but he didn't know because it's a different department, but they do have different tunes for the HHP he said, I will find out when I request the tunes

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
how do you do the mix, you set tune to factory every time you make the mix, unless you have pure ethenol and 91 on the same gas station, I don't think I've seen it here, I'd have to look.

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
272 Posts
how do you do the mix, you set tune to factory every time you make the mix, unless you have pure ethenol and 91 on the same gas station, I don't think I've seen it here, I'd have to look.
I would leave the car on the e30 tune and input my fuel tank percentage, ethanol percentage and what the ethanol content is in the tank into a ethanol calculator and it will tell me how many gallons of each to add. In AZ the ethanol pump can vary from 51-83% ethanol so I would have to test it every time to see what it is before I add the numbers into the calculator.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
What tuning devise do you have?

Livernois!, I know I would have to buy another tuner, but this would only cost me $150, just to switch Vins and get the tunes I think included I'll find out tomorrow, I can wait on downpipe tune, not in hurry, I can break it in first, it only has 4k miles.

·
Registered
396 Posts
livernois gave me 4 tunes for the explorer, regular gas, silver, 91 and 93/e85, didn't ask for all of them, but I did ask what was e85 and they said that they use the same 93 tune for the e85, I just read on a focus rs forum about e30, I've never heard of that, but I understand it's 30% ethenol and 70 premium, but like I said it's really hard to find 93 here.
You can calculate how much E85 you need to get e30. But its good to know the quality of the e85 first by testing it first to ensure you are truly getting an e70+ fuel just throwing a pump e85 in and thinking its now e30 can be hazardous as you may actually be only e15-20

Here is one from tune+

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I am getting the cvfab street intercooler and the k&n CAI, that's about all I can do for now, I'll probably stick with livernois cause it's only $150, for now any ways, no downpipe tune, ethenol I know they have e85, I'll keep asking about the e30, I'll probably buy a cobb or a sct/bdx programmer in a few years.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am getting the cvfab street intercooler and the k&n CAI, that's about all I can do for now, I'll probably stick with livernois cause it's only $150, for now any ways, no downpipe tune, ethenol I know they have e85, I'll keep asking about the e30, I'll probably buy a cobb or a sct/bdx programmer in a few years.
I would not waste money on a full CAI. Most just replace the tube from the airbox to turbo with a AFE or AIRAID tube and a high-low drop in filter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I would not waste money on a full CAI. Most just replace the tube from the airbox to turbo with a AFE or AIRAID tube and a high-low drop in filter.

I like your idea to paint the reservoir, I was already thinking about it, I have a high temp silicone spray bottle handy, if I see that the K&N kit is not must bigger than the stock system, I will return it, I got 10% off at amazon, I had the same kit on my explorer and it made a huge difference, I like open air filter instead though, I prefer hearing more sound coming from the crank, yours looks real nice though, I've been trying to get an ecoboost mustang for a while, my first manual was a fox body t-top 4 cyl - 4 speed, and I loved it, I was ignorant though, my dad had a chance in making some money and sold it, I never thought about that car till the new GT550s came out, so that's why I decided on the ecoboost when most people I know kept telling me that I'll be wasting my time with it, that I will want a 5.0 soon after, but like everyone here knows there's more fun in saying I made a 4 banger faster than your V8.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I like your idea to paint the reservoir, I was already thinking about it, I have a high temp silicone spray bottle handy, if I see that the K&N kit is not must bigger than the stock system, I will return it, I got 10% off at amazon, I had the same kit on my explorer and it made a huge difference, I like open air filter instead though, I prefer hearing more sound coming from the crank, yours looks real nice though, I've been trying to get an ecoboost mustang for a while, my first manual was a fox body t-top 4 cyl - 4 speed, and I loved it, I was ignorant though, my dad had a chance in making some money and sold it, I never thought about that car till the new GT550s came out, so that's why I decided on the ecoboost when most people I know kept telling me that I'll be wasting my time with it, that I will want a 5.0 soon after, but like everyone here knows there's more fun in saying I made a 4 banger faster than your V8.
Thank you, the coolant and brake reservoirs actually have covers on them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thank you, the coolant and brake reservoirs actually have covers on them.

I think I seen a cover at steeda for like 69 bucks, that's where I ordered my shorty blow off valve and shifter nob, I got 5% discount plus no tax.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts