Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
oh yes I see the jlt on american muscle for 79, I will see if it's safe to paint it, I originally purchased the spray can for my black dirt bike's fairings.

·
Registered
396 Posts
E30 tune is based off ethanol content not octane rating.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Technically but not fully.

An e30 Tune is programmed for 94.4 or so octane rating. If you go strictly by ethanol content from "pump" rating and not actually test the e85 then you could end up below the 94.4 octane and risking predetonation. Thats why testing the e85 is important. You can increase the pump gas octane and or higher ratio of tested e85 to ensure you hit the true "e30" octane within limits as to much ethanol watered down or higher quality will go beyond the limits of the stock injectors and pump or you can increase the fuel octane with race fuels.

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
272 Posts
Technically but not fully.

An e30 Tune is programmed for 94.4 or so octane rating. If you go strictly by ethanol content from "pump" rating and not actually test the e85 then you could end up below the 94.4 octane and risking predetonation. Thats why testing the e85 is important. You can increase the pump gas octane and or higher ratio of tested e85 to ensure you hit the true "e30" octane within limits as to much ethanol watered down or higher quality will go beyond the limits of the stock injectors and pump or you can increase the fuel octane with race fuels.
I'll be testing it each time because over here in AZ where I live the pump is labeled as 51-83% ethanol and we only go up to 91. When it's a true e30 mix does it matter if 91 or 93 was used?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'll be testing it each time because over here in AZ where I live the pump is labeled as 51-83% ethanol and we only go up to 91. When it's a true e30 mix does it matter if 91 or 93 was used?

If your e85 is high-quality not really you will need a little more e85 but not much to reach the desired octane.

The other option I see rarely discussed is a flex tune that can analyze the octane rating and adjust accordingly you may not push 100% potential of the octane but your ecu will automatically adjust without being so strict with the needed octane rating of a static tune.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Did u get it ?? If so how u likening it ??
Yes!
I has magnaride, active exhaust, but no digital instrument cluster and no heated/cooled seats, I love it, already put my shorty TS BoV, have to wait on tunes from livernois this week.
Question: is the clutch suppose to be super hard at first and as it wears in it gets softer?
it only has 4k miles!

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
272 Posts
is your interior black also, you have a pic pls.
Yes, it's black leather interior with heated/cooled seats. I believe it was the 201a package because it also has the digital gauge cluster and the HD radio B&O system with trunk sub. I'll have to snap some pics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yes, it's black leather interior with heated/cooled seats. I believe it was the 201a package because it also has the digital gauge cluster and the HD radio B&O system with trunk sub. I'll have to snap some pics.

cool!, I bet that must of cost more than $45k?

·
Registered
12 Posts
If your talking about the clutch engagement a lot of folks replace the spring on the pedal box and it
really improves this

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
41 - 60 of 62 Posts