Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 1500 miles on my Ecoboost Mustang so I decided to run it at Atco last Friday for T&T night. I filled the tank with Sunoco Ultra and drove 85 miles to the track.
Leaving at 2000 RPM and putting the trans in sport mode I was very surprised on the performance. I’m in the left lane.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried to leave much harder the second run and it spun hard. I think with a set of tires I could run at least a .10 faster if not more.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nice. I’ve never launched a car before. I can only roll on but I’m more afraid of breaking stuff. I bet I’d run like 16 seconds. According to a 1/4 on dash I ran 16 seconds the couple times I try lol

we have a 1/4 local but I’d never go I slow

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
You've done well, and I'd say at 1500 miles, you car is still very tight as well.
You'll only get better times after 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got 1500 miles on my Ecoboost Mustang so I decided to run it at Atco last Friday for T&T night. I filled the tank with Sunoco Ultra and drove 85 miles to the track.
Leaving at 2000 RPM and putting the trans in sport mode I was very surprised on the performance. I’m in the left lane. View attachment 37817
Is your car a 2020 or 2021? Did you turn traction control off ? What did you set your tire pressures to? Is Atco still going to close down? I'm in Wilmington, Delaware and run my car at Cecil County, but I've thought about going over to Atco.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is an automatic.
Is your car a 2020 or 2021? Did you turn traction control off ? What did you set your tire pressures to? Is Atco still going to close down? I'm in Wilmington, Delaware and run my car at Cecil County, but I've thought about going over to Atco.
It’s a 2020. The tire pressures were at 35. Traction Controll was off.

Not sure about when or if Atco is closing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, it leaves pretty lazy at 2000. But it hooked and went down the track that way. When I tried leaving higher it spun and wheel hopped pretty hard. I’m not sure less pressure would fix that. I’ll try it down the road for sure

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also had the Active exhaust in the track mode as well

·
Registered
103 Posts
Pretty impressive actually. There's room in that 60' for you to be in the low 13s. Lower that tire pressure to 25 as suggested and you might shave a few tenths off of that with some good driving (y) (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts