Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... new to the forum! Hope everyone is doing well amidst the pandemic :)

Anyway, I looking to buy a mustang GT or Ecoboost with the performance package.
I see a lot of upgrades and eco tunes for the Ecoboost without performance package...
just wondering what would I have to do to make the Ecoboost with performance pacakge
equivalent to a stock GT in terms of 0 - 60/ 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile ... 10 speed Automatics :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hello... new to the forum! Hope everyone is doing well amidst the pandemic :)

Anyway, I looking to buy a mustang GT or Ecoboost with the performance package.
I see a lot of upgrades and eco tunes for the Ecoboost without performance package...
just wondering what would I have to do to make the Ecoboost with performance pacakge
equivalent to a stock GT in terms of 0 - 60/ 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile ... 10 speed Automatics :)

Thanks!
Stock motor can handle 400 wheel HP. FBO with a Turbonetics kit and a tune from Tune+ or PDTUNING should get you close to stock GT power levels.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yeah that looks attractive and rather easy to accomplish :)
I'll be doing the turbonetics kit in a week or 2 and then I'll be there. Def go with Tune+ or PDTUNING as the package is $300 for lifetime tunes. I've been impressed with the results from Ryan at PDTUNING. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would that work with a 2020 with the performance package though? Supposedly it is advertised to do 0 - 60 in 4.5 seconds 10 speed automatic... that's only 0.2 seconds away from a 6 speed GT ... ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Would that work with a 2020 with the performance package though? Supposedly it is advertised to do 0 - 60 in 4.5 seconds 10 speed automatic... that's only 0.2 seconds away from a 6 speed GT ... ?
mare you planning to get a performance package or a high performance package ecoboost? The second one has a slightly bigger turbo so you can expect about 380whp or more on E30 fuel (blend of E85 and pump gas).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want to get ~0.5 second more performance... you would have to drop in a new turbo? not possible via some basic bolt-ons and tune (with the 2020 PPKG 10 Speed Auto model)?

·
Registered
106 Posts
There are numerous people that have run mid to high 11 second quarter mile times, on the stock turbo and long block. To do this you need full bolt ons, an E-30 tune, some rear suspension mods, drag radials, and a good driver. Ford no longer makes the performance package, for the Eco, only the high performance package. The high performance package includes a little larger turbo, which will make more power, but at $4995 it's not cheap. I'd rather save the money and just spend it on mods. If you want to go quicker than 11s, I think it makes more financial sense to buy a GT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts