Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
Ok. I know it is early but wanted to get this going early. A post in the "June Photo of the month" discussion reminded me that I enjoyed putting the calendar together last year and wanted to know if there is interest in doing again this year.

Discussion ... thoughts ... month desires?
Take a look at what we did last year and come up with your ideas.

Let's hear it!

I'll leave this space for month "assignments" if we go forward with this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Front Cover - @Isotrip
January - @Sarge (Received 1)
February - @Cyclone390GT
March - @Gizmokid2005
April - @iamsndybch (Received 1)
May - @ZStang (Received 2)
June - @gatornek
July - @OlTexastang (Received 2)
August - @ststang (Received 1)
September - @zhent (Received 1)
October - @tom272
November - @KewlWinter
December - @adf020
Back cover - @blondie_tuco (Rec'd)

Standby @EC0B00ST (Received 1)
@Squid
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last year's discussion thread: https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/2019-mustangecoboost-net-calendar-discussions.16693/

Email 'em to [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
2,743 Posts
Of course I'm in. I'll leave month choice for later to let some of our newer members get in on the action first...

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm in.

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like we have interest to fill 1/3 of the calendar so far. Not bad for one day.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm in

·
Registered
992 Posts
Did you work out the problems with "copyright infringement" or whatever it was last year? I hate to think we'll have to hash that out all over again.

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you work out the problems with "copyright infringement" or whatever it was last year? I hate to think we'll have to hash that out all over again.
Yes and no.
No, in the fact that neither of us backed down from our opinion on "intellectual property," in that we owned the photos and the rights to display them.
Yes, in the fact that I figured out that if I left out Ford trademarked words like "Mustang" and Ecoboost that it would not come up on their radar. The calendar has been up since the last time I re did it, and has had a few orders on it.

I think if I do the listing the same way and don't make it public, we should be okay.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Of course I am in!
May if available!

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Putting on hold for a moment, whilst I get months from the first page sign ups!

I'm in! Doesn't matter which month. To be clear, its just a nice shot of my car?
Yes, that is the idea ... the car is the star!

A few things to remember and/or think about when putting together your submission:
  1. High Resolution! I can shrink photos that are too large, but I cannot grow them (without adding noise, or blur) The photo needs to be at least 3000 pixels wide @ >72DPI.
  2. Shoot the photo in landscape orientation. The calendar sits that way and will look strange to have so much white space on the sides.
  3. Keep it simple ... the background can and does make or break the shot. If it's too busy, the car is lost in the photo. Good color contrast from your car's color will make it "POP" out of the shot.
  4. Lighting ... The sun or other light source should be at your back. Do not shoot into the sun as it causes weird things to happen to the exposure (freaks the light meter, causes shadows etc).
  5. Composition ... The car is the star ... it (he / she /whatever) should be the main focus of the shot. I try to have the car in at least 2/3 of the area of the photograph ... either by cropping or by composition while shooting. At the same time, the car should be in focus. Slightly blurred backgrounds and/or foregrounds are okay, but the car itself should be crisp and clear.
  6. Do not get crazy in post production! I'm not going to do much except for very limited cropping and sizing for correct fitment on the page.
Take a look at some of the other car calendars out there for ideas ... "google search" car calendars, there are a bee-zillion of them every year. Look through them, find what catches your eye or attention and use those ideas to duplicate that.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Putting on hold for a moment, whilst I get months from the first page sign ups!

Yes, that is the idea ... the car is the star!

A few things to remember and/or think about when putting together your submission:
  1. High Resolution! I can shrink photos that are too large, but I cannot grow them (without adding noise, or blur) The photo needs to be at least 3000 pixels wide @ >72DPI.
  2. Shoot the photo in landscape orientation. The calendar sits that way and will look strange to have so much white space on the sides.
  3. Keep it simple ... the background can and does make or break the shot. If it's too busy, the car is lost in the photo. Good color contrast from your car's color will make it "POP" out of the shot.
  4. Lighting ... The sun or other light source should be at your back. Do not shoot into the sun as it causes weird things to happen to the exposure (freaks the light meter, causes shadows etc).
  5. Composition ... The car is the star ... it (he / she /whatever) should be the main focus of the shot. I try to have the car in at least 2/3 of the area of the photograph ... either by cropping or by composition while shooting. At the same time, the car should be in focus. Slightly blurred backgrounds and/or foregrounds are okay, but the car itself should be crisp and clear.
  6. Do not get crazy in post production! I'm not going to do much except for very limited cropping and sizing for correct fitment on the page.
Take a look at some of the other car calendars out there for ideas ... "google search" car calendars, there are a bee-zillion of them every year. Look through them, find what catches your eye or attention and use those ideas to duplicate that.
Where do you want them sent?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok. I know it is early but wanted to get this going early. A post in the "June Photo of the month" discussion reminded me that I enjoyed putting the calendar together last year and wanted to know if there is interest in doing again this year.

Discussion ... thoughts ... month desires?
Take a look at what we did last year and come up with your ideas.

Let's hear it!

I'll leave this space for month "assignments" if we go forward with this.
Front Cover -
January - @Sarge
February -
March
- @Gizmokid2005
April -
May - @ZStang
June - @gatornek
July - @OlTexastang
August - @ststang
September - @zhent
October - @tom272
November - @KewlWinter
December - @adf020
Back cover -
Last year's discussion thread: https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/2019-mustangecoboost-net-calendar-discussions.16693/

Email 'em to [email protected]
How do I get in next year's calendar!? :)

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been remiss in keeping this up. I leave for TT Nats on Wednesday so hopefully before that I will get the slots filled and caught back up.

You can send (e-mail) your submissions to [email protected]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts