Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Ford has begun to de-content models to save money. Just saw review of 2021 Ecoboost Mustang Premium and the engine cover was missing. An engine cover is about $80, so the only reason I think Ford may be eliminating is cost cutting. Engine cover is no big deal, many people don't like them. But, what other things is Ford planning to cut?

BTW the person who created video, refers vehicle as 2021 Mustang GT, but it's really an Ecoboost

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I'm surprised they still leave the sound insulation headliner on the hood. :)

·
Registered
2020 Orange Ecoboost Mustang
10 Posts
It might be just following a trend. My 2016 Miata and both my wife's 2017 and now 2021 civic sports don't have engine covers. It seems the more performance oriented cars are losing them.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Rangers are doing it too. Used to be just the lariats got them, now they are being taken away completely. Doesn't bother me because I took mine off anyway. Some guys love them though. I wouldn't mind if ford would pass along those savings, but we all know that wont happen. I've got one on the shelf if anybody can't live without one ha.

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
311 Posts
Bought the 2020 HPP EcoBoost and it had the engine cover. I have replaced it with a carbon fiber one. If the guys posting the video lives in Fort Lauderdale, I have the old one if he want's it View attachment 38865
What intercooler did you go with? I grabbed a 2020 HPP last month chassis #2424.....I did the Airaid tube and drop in filter, probably just gonna go with the CVF cooler and pipes and run a Cobb stage2 for now. Been doing some exterior mods,Roush rear valance aero foil kit, RTR Quarter splitters, RTR side rocker splitters, MMD chin spoiler and down the road maybe the RTR upper/lower grill with LED's. Fun commuter but my 17 3.5 TT xlt will still walk it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts