Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track Night in America

Hey Track Nighter,
We're excited that the 2022 Track Night in America season is quickly gearing up. It's going to be awesome!
In case you missed it, March and April events opened for registration on February 1st. May events will be opening up on March 1st at 11:00 am Central.
Also of note - we're headed to a new track in 2022! We can't wait to visit Nashville Superspeedway in April and again in July!
Ready to break out your calendar and plan your Track Night season? You can check out the full schedule across the country here and see events coming up nearby below.
Photo by Gregory Pfaff

Harris Hill Raceway
March 16
Eagles Canyon Raceway
March 22
Motorsport Ranch Cresson
April 12
Harris Hill Raceway
April 13
Eagles Canyon Raceway
April 23 - Track Event
Part of the 2022 Time Trials National Tour at ECR weekend
Eagles Canyon Raceway
April 24 - Track Event
Part of the 2022 Time Trials National Tour at ECR weekend

Reactions: elkwood

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's How You Can Participate

KONI Novice Experience

The Novice group is perfect for those new to being on track, those who are at a particular track for the first time, or those who would just like to have some pointers and guidance during the evening.
Advanced Group
If you already know the track, your car, yourself, and you want to feel the limits of each, the Advanced group is for you. The same DOs and DON’Ts and you'll be passing with point-bys anywhere on track. It's perfect for anyone with lots of track experience.
Intermediate Group
The intermediate group is a bit more relaxed than the advanced group. The expectation is that these drivers know the basics, but have a focus on improving and learning.
Track Touring Laps
Never been to the track? Want to check it out? May we recommend a few Touring Laps? Every Track Night will have a paced touring lap session. Passengers over the age of 12 (with a minor waiver) are encouraged, and helmets are not required.
Run/Work
Taken from autocross, run/work lets SCCA members get one on-track session at a very budget-friendly rate while also offering support to the event. Event support can range from corner working, to grid, to check-in and tech.
Volunteer
Track Night is always looking for enthusiastic, helpful volunteers who "get it." The Track Night Team is all about facilitating amazing experiences for people at racetracks. If this sounds interesting, sign up as a Volunteer and see what it's all about.
__

Save on Track Night & On-Track Insurance with Hagerty!
Hagerty specializes in the protection of classic and collector cars, but they don't stop there. As a Track Night participant, you can save 30% on track day insurance for each Track Night in America event that you sign up for.
Click Here to Learn More
Join Hagerty Drivers Club and get access to a great magazine, fantastic members-only events, roadside assistance and you could save $25 on every Track Night you sign up for. It's only $45 to join, so if you're planning on signing up for 2 or more events, you'll already be saving money plus getting all of the awesome benefits! To activate your discount, log in to Hagerty.com, then go to the link below and your event discount will be automatically applied at check out.
Click Here for Your HDC Discount
Track Night Facts by Mazda Motorsports

Thanks to our partners at Mazda Motorsports, the video series above will tell you everything you need to know about how to prepare for and get the most out of your Track Night experiences. Got a buddy who's considering joining you but needs to know more?
Click Here to Learn More
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE TRACK WITH US SOON!

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a link to the Track Night Promo Video that was included in the Kick Off Sessions. Please share it with your friends and anyone who may inquire about what we are and what we do.

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Track Night in America

Hey Track Nighter,
Can you believe it is almost March? The days are starting to get noticeably longer and hopefully just a bit warmer. This is all great news for Track Night in America - it means assembling the passing zone signs and getting all those tech stickers filled out. Warm up those engines and start getting ready to head to the grid, it's almost time!
If you're not already an SCCA member, consider joining today. You'll be able to save $15.00 off of each Track Night you attend! If you're already an SCCA member, thank you! Check out the Member Benefits and make sure you're not missing out on any discounts. We've added a few more awesome partners going into 2022!

Don't forget to mark your calendar. Registrations for May events open March 1 at 11:00 am Central!
As always, you can check out the full schedule across the country here and see events coming up nearby below.
Photo by MotorSport Media

NOLA Motorsports Park
April 7

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are any of you planning to be at Eagles Canyon on the 22nd?
I'll be there. I work the events and if it gets quiet towards the end, I'll get a session or 2 in.

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gas up before you get to ECR. If you're coming down I35, get gas in Sanger.
print/Fill out your tech sheet ahead of time, schedule and a lot of other information will be in the packet you are given
Any recommendations, (things to bring, etc.) for a first timer?
Not a whole lot required, my minimum load out:
  • Tire pressure gauge, inflater if you have one (ECR has air available)
  • quart of oil, brake fluid
  • torque wrench
  • tool kit (something that is nice to have if something happens while you're on the road)
  • water/gatorade to keep hydrated (we have a beer after the track goes cold.) :)
  • some sort of snacks
  • change of clothes, warmer, cooler, jacket etc (it's spring in N.Texas, you don't know what Mother Nature has for you) - it's always windy at ECR
  • a hat for sun or rain
  • helmet, shoes you're comfortable driving in
  • a tote or something to keep everything you have in your car contained or dry if it rains. I keep several 33 gallon trash bags in my "kit" as well

I keep this all in a small duffle that I can just pick up a go with for track days or working at the track.

Reactions: MD18EcoStang

·
Registered
2016 Premium, M/T
78 Posts
Gas up before you get to ECR. If you're coming down I35, get gas in Sanger.
print/Fill out your tech sheet ahead of time, schedule and a lot of other information will be in the packet you are given

Not a whole lot required, my minimum load out:
  • Tire pressure gauge, inflater if you have one (ECR has air available)
  • quart of oil, brake fluid
  • torque wrench
  • tool kit (something that is nice to have if something happens while you're on the road)
  • water/gatorade to keep hydrated (we have a beer after the track goes cold.) :)
  • some sort of snacks
  • change of clothes, warmer, cooler, jacket etc (it's spring in N.Texas, you don't know what Mother Nature has for you) - it's always windy at ECR
  • a hat for sun or rain
  • helmet, shoes you're comfortable driving in
  • a tote or something to keep everything you have in your car contained or dry if it rains. I keep several 33 gallon trash bags in my "kit" as well

I keep this all in a small duffle that I can just pick up a go with for track days or working at the track.
Thanks, Starting my pack-out list.

·
Registered
2016 Premium, M/T
78 Posts
I'll be there. I work the events and if it gets quiet towards the end, I'll get a session or 2 in.
My daughter would like to do the Track Tour Laps. Does she need to register as well?
Also, could the wife come along to watch, and does she need to be registered?
Sorry for all the questions, don't mean to be a bother.

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My daughter would like to do the Track Tour Laps. Does she need to register as well?
Also, could the wife come along to watch, and does she need to be registered?
When you arrive and do the sign-in process (at the desk), you will all need to sign both waivers, the waivers will cover your wife for spectating and your daughter to do the track-tour laps, they will each receive a white wrist-band. That is the only things they will need to do.
Sorry for all the questions, don't mean to be a bother.
No problems, better to ask and get answers ahead of time than to show up un-prepared. :)

·
Registered
2016 Premium, M/T
78 Posts
When you arrive and do the sign-in process (at the desk), you will all need to sign both waivers, the waivers will cover your wife for spectating and your daughter to do the track-tour laps, they will each receive a white wrist-band. That is the only things they will need to do.

No problems, better to ask and get answers ahead of time than to show up un-prepared. :)
Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok. I'm out on this one. Had surgery a week ago, tried working the IPD/Member's day at Eagles Canyon on Saturday and it about killed me. Going to take it easy for a few weeks and hit it hard for the next one.

Reactions: zhent

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear. That sucks, was looking forward to meeting you. Praying you have a speedy recovery.
I have a dr appointment that day. I may roll up after that just to say "HI" and see how things are going.
Time Trials season starts April 2nd, I don't want to screw things up and not be able to compete.

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok guys, the next two TNiA events here in North Texas are coming up soon (like REAL soon!)
Track Night 2022: MotorSport Ranch Cresson - April 12

Date: April 12, 2022, 03:00 PM - 09:00 PM CDT
Address: 9012 Performance Ct, Cresson, TX, 76035-4360
http://www.motorsportranch.com

A Country Club for motoring enthusiasts – including sports cars, race cars, and motorcycles. Established in 1996, the Ranch introduced and pioneered this new concept. Just as a golf country club centers its activities around a golf course, this club centers around a purpose-built road racing course. Two courses, actually, as a second road course has been added to the facility.

PRICING
Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups: $170
Join SCCA and Save! National Members Pay: $155
Track Tour Laps and Spectating: FREE!

TRACK SPECFIC RULES
  • Sound limit of 103 decibels 50 feet from the track edge will be in force at all times.
  • All trucks, SUV's, CUV's and electric vehicles will be limited to paced/parade lap sessions only.

EVENT SCHEDULE
3:00PM- Gates Open
3:30PM- Worker Meeting (includes Run/Work participants)
3:45PM - MANDATORY KONI NOVICE MEETING
4:00PM - KONI Novice Group: Paced Laps; MANDATORY ADVANCED GROUP and INTERMEDIATE GROUP MEETING
4:20PM - Advanced Group: Session 1
4:25PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 1
4:40PM - Intermediate Group: Session 1
5:00PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 1
5:20PM - Advanced Group: Session 2
5:25PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 2
5:40PM - Intermediate Group: Session 2
6:00PM - Track Tour Laps (Open to All)
6:20PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 2
6:40PM - Advanced Group: Session 3
6:45PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 3
7:00PM - Intermediate Group: Session 3
7:20PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 3
7:40PM - Track Close
9:00PM - Gates Close
* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Track Event 2022: Eagles Canyon Raceway - April 23
Date: April 23, 2022, 10:00 AM - 05:30 PM CDT
Address: 7629 North FM-51, Decatur, TX, 76234
HOME
EVENT FORMAT

For this Track Event the sessions will be split into two groups.

Group A will be passing only on the straightaways with a point-by. If you have minimal previous track experience or you prefer passing only on the straightaways, this group is for you.

Group B will be passing anywhere with a point-by. Only drivers with previous track event experience should register for this group. Track Night in America Advanced group participation or multiple events of Intermediate group participation (or equivalent) would be appropriate.

Unlike a typical Track Night event, there will not be any paced lap sessions offered at this event. Having some prior knowledge of the track layout and the location of the manned corner stations will be helpful. Your session coach will be available to answer any questions you may have and to help make sure you are comfortable before you hit the track.

PRICING
Group A and B Track Event Drivers: $190
Join SCCA and Save! National Members Pay: $175
Spectating: FREE

TRACK SPECIFIC RULES
  • Electric vehicles not allowed at this event.
EVENT SCHEDULE
8:30AM - Time Trials National Tour Sessions Begin
10:00AM - Check-in Open for Track Event Participants
12:00PM - MANDATORY TRACK EVENT PARTICIPANT MEETING

12:40PM - Track Event Group A: Session 1
1:00PM - Track Event Group B: Session 1
1:20PM - Time Trials Time Attack Sessions
2:50PM - Track Event Group A: Session 2
3:10PM - Track Event Group B: Session 2
3:30PM - Time Trials Time Attack Sessions
4:50PM - Track Event Group A: Session 3
5:10PM - Track Event Group B: Session 3
5:30PM - Track Close
* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)

Track Event 2022: Eagles Canyon Raceway - April 24
Date: April 24, 2022, 09:30 AM - 05:30 PM CDT
Address: 7629 North FM-51, Decatur, TX, 76234
HOME
Eagles Canyon Raceway is a private 2.7 mile road course with over 200 feet of elevation change, a half mile long back straight and 15 exciting turns. This event is a very unique opportunity to participate in a track day during an SCCA Time Trials National Tour event on-site at the same location. If you've participated in a Track Night event before, your experience will be just the same as what you're used to aside from the schedule as noted below.

EVENT FORMAT
For this Track Event the sessions will be split into two groups.

Group A will be passing only on the straightaways with a point-by. If you have minimal previous track experience or you prefer passing only on the straightaways, this group is for you.

Group B will be passing anywhere with a point-by. Only drivers with previous track event experience should register for this group. Track Night in America Advanced group participation or multiple events of Intermediate group participation (or equivalent) would be appropriate.

Unlike a typical Track Night event, there will not be any paced lap sessions offered at this event. Having some prior knowledge of the track layout and the location of the manned corner stations will be helpful. Your session coach will be available to answer any questions you may have and to help make sure you are comfortable before you hit the track.

PRICING
Group A and B Track Event Drivers: $190
Join SCCA and Save! National Members Pay: $175
Spectating: FREE

TRACK SPECIFIC RULES
  • Electric vehicles not allowed at this event.

EVENT SCHEDULE
8:30AM - Time Trials National Tour Sessions Begin
9:30AM - Check-in Open for Track Event Participants
11:20AM - MANDATORY TRACK EVENT PARTICIPANT MEETING

12:00PM - Track Event Group A: Session 1
12:20PM - Track Event Group B: Session 1
12:40PM - Time Trials Time Attack Sessions
2:10PM - Track Event Group A: Session 2
2:30PM - Track Event Group B: Session 2
2:50PM - Time Trials Time Attack Sessions
4:30PM - Track Event Group A: Session 3
4:50PM - Track Event Group B: Session 3
5:10PM - Track Close

·
Administrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lightning'd out. Got only the 1st session (adv/int) and the novice paced laps in before the storm came through with a vengence. Took cover under the grid awning and watched it blow through. We'll be back in May for the ECR event.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts