Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Anybody with the A10 trans, when paddle shifting at WOT, does your car have a significant delay between pulling the paddle to upshift and the trans actually shifting? On mine, it's fine paddle shifting, with partial throttle, but at WOT there's a big delay, which makes it impossible to capture the desired shift RPM. The trans shifts plenty quick, but there just a delay between pulling the paddle and the the trans shifting.
On the track, yes! I figured I was losing as much as an 1/8 second per shift. Talked with another racer, who runs a Coyote w/10 speed and he was having the same problem. This past season, I just let the tranny shift itself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, I run stage 3. It probably does run rich. I average 5 miles to the gallon... Haven't been able to do a lot of data logging due to the non-compatibility of my data logger and launch light. Hopefully Ryan at PD can help me over that hurdle.
Plan on reinstalling the 200 cell catalytic converter before the start of the 2022 season.
if your running Stock tune and adding all sorts of stuff your gonna lose boost as your ecu adjusts. If I’m in the mountains I usually get 1 lb more and at sea level 1lb less
Is the NT555 G2 a summer tire or all season?
How do you like them?
Summer tires, great traction for moderate tune. Since you have the 10A Make sure your running in drag mode at the track you will unlock all of its torque in earlier gears. I don't drive it much maybe 6000 miles a year so I can't tell you how long they will last. It's really tough to drive when it's raining but it don't rain much where I live. I have a 2005 GTO naturally aspirated that is pushing almost 500whp that I wish I could fit these tires on but I can only get 265/40/18s without tubing the rear end and that has 3.73 gears with 6 speed Manuel but on that one I totally wish I put 3.55 as I can run 11.70s with ****ty traction it pulls power to 7300 Rpm super high for an LS2 but it’s built. The mustang is basically a cruiser car, I'll take it to the track once maybe twice a year. With the new law banning tunes in my state I was hesitant to go any further since it's easy to put back to stock from just a tune, this is why I didn't go stage 3 with exhaust and down pipe. The New HO 2020 has slightly bigger turbos so You can actually get more Hp out of them then a 2019 and back. I really love this body style so I may eventually buy a new one once this COVID shortage goes away and prices come down but I will get the Performance Package on this next one if I do. The 2018 mustang and newer is by far the best one I've ever owned. This is my first Non GT or Cobra. If I were younger I'd get a GT but I already have my GTO if I wanna go faster. My last mustang was a 2003 Cobra convertible I bought new in 2003. I fell in love with the LS motors from Chevy afterwards until now the new GT is incredible but I enjoy my Ecoboost and it has plenty of acceleration to surprise people it's more fun that way.....If I had 3.55 gears already I likely would not change them. I just figured I'd try out 3.73s since it has 10 speeds but yes 1st gear with the Cobb tune can be a challenge compared with a ford tune however It's still gonna pull away from the exact same set up and 3.15 gears. I have friends that have already rebuilt their 10A on a modded GT so I hope I don’t have this problem in the future.

·
Registered
318 Posts
On the track, yes! I figured I was losing as much as an 1/8 second per shift. Talked with another racer, who runs a Coyote w/10 speed and he was having the same problem. This past season, I just let the tranny shift itself.
I wonder if that can be improved, with a protune. It's odd that it's fine partial throttle.
Any idea why yours auto shifts at 5250?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have the Ford tune, so my ears are definitely perked to this converation (albeit mine is a 2016 A6). I wonder if the 3.73 and the particular tire diameter mentioned have a synergistic effect with the Ford tune. FWIW, another item that I found to have a synergistic effect with the Ford tune was the Turbosmart 7psi wastegate.

Mine is the 3.55 PP gears, so I'm not keen on changing them (I'm really quite fond of the torque and subsequent accelerations on them), but I'm always open.
What kind of improvement did the Turbosmart
WGA give?

·
Registered
318 Posts
if your running Stock tune and adding all sorts of stuff your gonna lose boost as your ecu adjusts. If I’m in the mountains I usually get 1 lb more and at sea level 1lb less

Summer tires, great traction for moderate tune. Since you have the 10A Make sure your running in drag mode at the track you will unlock all of its torque in earlier gears. I don't drive it much maybe 6000 miles a year so I can't tell you how long they will last. It's really tough to drive when it's raining but it don't rain much where I live. I have a 2005 GTO naturally aspirated that is pushing almost 500whp that I wish I could fit these tires on but I can only get 265/40/18s without tubing the rear end and that has 3.73 gears with 6 speed Manuel but on that one I totally wish I put 3.55 as I can run 11.70s with ****ty traction it pulls power to 7300 Rpm super high for an LS2 but it’s built. The mustang is basically a cruiser car, I'll take it to the track once maybe twice a year. With the new law banning tunes in my state I was hesitant to go any further since it's easy to put back to stock from just a tune, this is why I didn't go stage 3 with exhaust and down pipe. The New HO 2020 has slightly bigger turbos so You can actually get more Hp out of them then a 2019 and back. I really love this body style so I may eventually buy a new one once this COVID shortage goes away and prices come down but I will get the Performance Package on this next one if I do. The 2018 mustang and newer is by far the best one I've ever owned. This is my first Non GT or Cobra. If I were younger I'd get a GT but I already have my GTO if I wanna go faster. My last mustang was a 2003 Cobra convertible I bought new in 2003. I fell in love with the LS motors from Chevy afterwards until now the new GT is incredible but I enjoy my Ecoboost and it has plenty of acceleration to surprise people it's more fun that way.....If I had 3.55 gears already I likely would not change them. I just figured I'd try out 3.73s since it has 10 speeds but yes 1st gear with the Cobb tune can be a challenge compared with a ford tune however It's still gonna pull away from the exact same set up and 3.15 gears. I have friends that have already rebuilt their 10A on a modded GT so I hope I don’t have this problem in the future.
With your mods, I doubt you'd hurt the trans. It's rated at 590 ft.lbs. My car is a base 100A, so I don't have drag mode, only D or S. When stock, I ran a 13.23 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I wonder if that can be improved, with a protune. It's odd that it's fine partial throttle.
Any idea why yours auto shifts at 5250?
My tranny seems to shift earlier with mods, then it did stock. Not sure why...
I've been told a pro tuner can put the shift points back to where I want them, once he gets the motor dialed in and I get to the track for testing.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
What kind of improvement did the Turbosmart
WGA give?
It's somewhat subjective. I saw an instant improvement on my 0-60 avg times putting me consistently hitting 5.5, 5.6 when I never really got that low before.

My previous high was 5.7 and then I hit a 5.5 right after installing the Turbosmart.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts