Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did it when I first bought my car. I didn't hurt anything. I just capped off the intake side. J.L.T. C.A.I. comes with a cap for that purpose. C.J. pony parts has a video on the J.L.T. that's where I got the idea.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'v had mine off for about 2,000 miles and its fine. Bought 1.97 cap from walmart and a 1 dollar hose clamp and done.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it an emissions thing? I am new to Turbos why is the blow off valve even have tube running to it from the intake?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just trying to find out why the factory has it the way it is. There has to be one.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This Vid helped me understand it more.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Can one of you give me a picture of where its location is and what it looks like after it is capped off? I want to do try this.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you just remove the hose and cap it off, that is it or do you keep the hose on and cap it off?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So you do not remove the hose all then? Just plug the hole it is clamps on to. It does not rub or anything after your do that right?

Edit: Never mind I see what you are doing there. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ordered the Boomba version because I wanted it in blue and wanted the hose still hooked up. Thanks for the link though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts