Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Is it an emissions thing? I am new to Turbos why is the blow off valve even have tube running to it from the intake?
It is for sound control. The vast majority of these cars are sold to folks that do not want there engine making odd and annoying noises everytime you back off the throttle. I have been hot rodding cars for 40 years and I don't like noises from the engine that do not contribute to HP gains so mine is staying hooked up.

Everytime I hear one I think Ricer.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It is for sound control. The vast majority of these cars are sold to folks that do not want there engine making odd and annoying noises everytime you back off the throttle. I have been hot rodding cars for 40 years and I don't like noises from the engine that do not contribute to HP gains so mine is staying hooked up.

Everytime I hear one I think Ricer.
When I hear that wooossh noise I at least give the ricer props he actually has some force induction. I do not gear my turbo all, especially after getting my flowmasters for it will be a welcome sound for me. I will see how it goes. If I do not like it I can always put it back to oem.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I got the Boomba BOV spacer today and installed it. It sounds pretty cool. I am going to give a week before I decided if something I am going to like.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I was in the same boat. I would rather her my exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
6,461 Posts
I actually really dislike the blow off sound. Is there a way to get more induction noise instead?
A good CAI will give you the induction (I call it "power sucking" noise) ... I have had several JLT's and they really make noise. I love that sound much more than a blow off sound.
I'd imagine that with an exposed filter that there will be more blow off noise, even with recirculation happening. (No real experience yet, so I am guessing that it'll come through the exposed filter more than the box that is stock.)

·
Registered
816 Posts
That is why I changed out my Airaid sealed CAI to a Roush open CAI. You definitely get that power sucking from Roush that I didn't get from my Airaid. Only at WOT would I hear it the airaid

·
Registered
212 Posts
I actually really dislike the blow off sound. Is there a way to get more induction noise instead?
I went with JLT, had to BPV exhausting to atmosphere for a day and a half... that was annoying as hell. IMHO makes the Mustang sound like a badly done burner. Put the hose back on, the intake suction sound is crazy when you get on it, but never annoying.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I only had my BOV on a day. I really thought it was going to be something I liked but man it bugged me to death.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I went with the turbosmart bov with my Roush cai. Nice subtle whoosh at low psi but at full boost you can hear it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have dug up a 2 year old thread, but thought I'd let the Australian Ecoboost owners if you want to do this cheap mod you can find the same chair tip from Bunnings (our version of Lowes) link below:

TIC 29mm Round Black tip $3.20

I did it on the weekend in 5 minutes and used the spring clamp for extra safety over the tip. Works like a charm, turns many heads!

TIC 29mm Round Black Rubber External Chair Tip - 4 Piece

:)

Reactions: ecostang19

·
Registered
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible Auto-tragic transmission.
2 Posts
Hey there! Just got myself a 2018 eco-boost and the previous owner did this mod, with the furniture leg cap... I'm personally not a fan so I'm trying to find this stock tube online but I cannot find it for the life of me.

Do you know where I can find this part number? Is anyone trying to get rid of theirs? I'm located in Miami.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Hey there! Just got myself a 2018 eco-boost and the previous owner did this mod, with the furniture leg cap... I'm personally not a fan so I'm trying to find this stock tube online but I cannot find it for the life of me.
Do you know where I can find this part number? Is anyone trying to get rid of theirs? I'm located in Miami.
Are there any car wrecking yards near you, you could try to find one instead?

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible Auto-tragic transmission.
2 Posts
Are there any car wrecking yards near you, you could try to find one instead?
Thanks for the quick reply! Didn't think of that, I'll give that a try... Miami is both mustang capital and car crash capital of the US so I'm sure there's numerous available near me. I just can't find the part number for the life of me

21 - 40 of 40 Posts