Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys. So I really want to get up into more torque and horsepower with my car, but I'm worried about blowing my engine at a certain point.

So far on my '19 Eco I have a Cobb CAI, Cobb 3" Catback Exhaust System, Cobb Front Mount Intercooler, Turbosmart Shortie Dual Port BOV, and a CVFAB catted downpipe. I want to add more power all around, but with the looking around I've done, its got me worried about blowing my engine.

I guess what I want to know is what other mods could I add on for more power, and what steps can I take to further prevent my engine from blowing on me?

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
107 Posts
What's up guys. So I really want to get up into more torque and horsepower with my car, but I'm worried about blowing my engine at a certain point.

So far on my '19 Eco I have a Cobb CAI, Cobb 3" Catback Exhaust System, Cobb Front Mount Intercooler, Turbosmart Shortie Dual Port BOV, and a CVFAB catted downpipe. I want to add more power all around, but with the looking around I've done, its got me worried about blowing my engine.

I guess what I want to know is what other mods could I add on for more power, and what steps can I take to further prevent my engine from blowing on me?
Have you thought about oil cooler. Radiator to bring Temps down if your seeking for more hp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you thought about oil cooler. Radiator to bring Temps down if your seeking for more hp
I have not but since I’ve read this I’ve been doing some research and I am definitely considering both products. Any other ideas besides replacing the engine block to safely add more power? It’s definitely something I’ll do in the future, maybe a long block, but still not at that point yet since this is my first mustang that I’m building.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
107 Posts
Well replacing block or long block is out of my knowledge just know big also means bigger problems but worth the experience. Good luck and do as much research my goal is 320 I don't want to get no where near 400 because I don't race and don't really find a need for it. I just like modifying cars. Again wish you the best

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
107 Posts
I have not but since I’ve read this I’ve been doing some research and I am definitely considering both products. Any other ideas besides replacing the engine block to safely add more power? It’s definitely something I’ll do in the future, maybe a long block, but still not at that point yet since this is my first mustang that I’m building.
Oh by the way there was a post about someone selling there 430hp I think it was well I screen shot there mods so this should give you an idea

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm also chasing 400 WHP!
Current Mods are DIY air intake, 3" Turbo back downpipe/exhaust, EMS race intercooler, eBay catch can. Cobb Data Logger and Tuning Device.

I recently purchased an E85 kit from Jessie at EMS (engineering motorsports solutions), which includes tuning by Ryan at PD Tuning.

In the future I would like to also like to upgrade the Turbocharger, plus Cams and head work. And that should put me at a "fairly safe" 400 WHP... (maybe)!??

·
Registered
2017 Premium Performance Pack Grabber Blue Ecobeast
8 Posts
From what I’ve read the people with the big horsepower cars have been full bolt on, a pro tune, and a bigger turbo. But I’ve also read alot about the threshold these little motors can hold. I’m currently sitting on fbo and in the process of tuning the car. I’ve given a lot of thought about adding the NX2 turbo too but I really don’t wanna go ecoboom. I think 400 is doable and with the right set up and driving sensibly, ie not wot where ever you go, a person would be pretty safe with keeping the motor intact. So before I put the turbo on I’m going to see where I sit after my tune gets dialed in. And now after I say all this, the motor goes boom 🤯. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
336 Posts
Well replacing block or long block is out of my knowledge just know big also means bigger problems but worth the experience. Good luck and do as much research my goal is 320 I don't want to get no where near 400 because I don't race and don't really find a need for it. I just like modifying cars. Again wish you the best
So you are only looking for around 320whp? What octane do you run?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80
55 Posts

UPR Crankcase Breather. Helps relieve pressure from the crank, which helps protect your engine. The plus side is that they are inexpensive. I am 18 whp away from 400 rwhp, and am thinking of getting Auto Mafia Racing’s ported intake manifold—they claim it has added 10 rwhp.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
From what I’ve read the people with the big horsepower cars have been full bolt on, a pro tune, and a bigger turbo. But I’ve also read alot about the threshold these little motors can hold. I’m currently sitting on fbo and in the process of tuning the car. I’ve given a lot of thought about adding the NX2 turbo too but I really don’t wanna go ecoboom. I think 400 is doable and with the right set up and driving sensibly, ie not wot where ever you go, a person would be pretty safe with keeping the motor intact. So before I put the turbo on I’m going to see where I sit after my tune gets dialed in. And now after I say all this, the motor goes boom 🤯. Knock on wood.
Where did you end up on your tune? Hope to get mine done next month.

·
Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80
55 Posts
Hmmm... not familiar with their intake, do you have any information about it?
They have many videos of their ported and polished intake manifolds on YouTube for the Coyotes and S197 Cyclonesbut with before and after Dyno results. All I know is that it is supposed to make reasonable rwhp gain with a tune. Check out their social media page or YouTube channel.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
They have many videos of their ported and polished intake manifolds on YouTube for the Coyotes and S197 Cyclonesbut with before and after Dyno results. All I know is that it is supposed to make reasonable rwhp gain with a tune. Check out their social media page or YouTube channel.
Thanks! I'll see what I can find. They set up a booth at the NMRA spring shootout in Bradenton FL. Hope they bring more 2.3 ecoboost stuff!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts