Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Product Rectangle Azure Purple Font

My goal for the 2022 NMRA season is to get my Ecoboost Mustang into the 11 second range (which is where most of the coyotes live) on the 1/4 mile track!!
I'm hopping that some of my fellow forum members can grant me some guidance, in order to get there!
To date, my current best ET is 12.353 seconds, which calculates to around 380 crankshaft horsepower.
Where I'm at today...
2018 Mustang Coupe
Stock Long Block w/ bolt ons / 10 Spd Trans
TS Wastegate & Bypass/3" Downpipe/200 Cell Cat/GlassPack/Race Intercooler/Charge Pipes/Custom Air Intake/Catch Can/Data Logger/Tuned/E85 Kit/Tires/Wheels/Drag Springs/Weight Reduction to required 3600 lbs.
Car Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive tire

Reactions: jdsfly and gatornek

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Ryan told me my NX2-e30 combo is good for 400ish+ to the wheels at 23psi. Your already setup for e85, have you had Ryan do you up a e85 tune yet for your stock turbo?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Still working with Ryan on my E85 tune. He hasn't given me any type of projected horsepower potential. But next time I talk with him I'll ask.
I tested at the Summit Motorsports Park a few weeks ago using the E85 tune (revision 1) and only picked up an increase of 1% over my 93 octane tune.
Currently trying to arrange testing at Bristol Dragway in East Tennessee using a revised map.

· Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80
108 Posts
View attachment 42686
My goal for the 2022 NMRA season is to get my Ecoboost Mustang into the 11 second range (which is where most of the coyotes live) on the 1/4 mile track!!
I'm hopping that some of my fellow forum members can grant me some guidance, in order to get there!
To date, my current best ET is 12.353 seconds, which calculates to around 380 crankshaft horsepower.
Where I'm at today...
2018 Mustang Coupe
TS Wastegate & Bypass/3" Downpipe/200 Cell Cat/GlassPack/Race Intercooler/Charge Pipes/Custom Air Intake/Catch Can/Data Logger/Tuned/E85 Kit/Tires/Wheels/Drag Springs/Weight Reduction to required 3600 lbs.
View attachment 42687
What have you done to the suspension?

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What have you done to the suspension?
Drag springs, drag radial tires, wheels, not much else. I've never had any problem with wheel spin or hop. I only run national events on NHRA sanctioned tracks via NMRA/NMCA. They do a really good job with track prep.

· Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80
108 Posts
Drag springs, drag radial tires, wheels, not much else. I've never had any problem with wheel spin or hop. I only run national events on NHRA sanctioned tracks via NMRA/NMCA. They do a really good job with track prep.
I think you should be set to hit 11s. The only other thing I would recommend is the BMR lockout kit so you can launch-launch.

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you should be set to hit 11s. The only other thing I would recommend is the BMR lockout kit so you can launch-launch.
Thanks, I'll take a look at the lock out kit!
On paper, I should be able to hit high 11s, but at the track, I only run 12s, with a weak top end.

· Registered
2022 EcoBoost Mustang
57 Posts
View attachment 42686
Where I'm at today...
2018 Mustang Coupe
View attachment 42687
I hit 11.918 @ 115 mph today in a 19 convertible.
Snow meth injection, Ford cams, flowmaster outlaw exhaust with resonator delete, Roush intake, bbk downpipe, cv fab race intercooler with charge pipes, nitto 555r2 drag radials, tuned by Torrie @unleashedtuning.com.
Good luck

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Snow meth injection, Ford cams, flowmaster outlaw exhaust with resonator delete, Roush intake, bbk downpipe, cv fab race intercooler with charge pipes, nitto 555r2 drag radials, tuned by Torrie @unleashedtuning.com.
Good luck
Awesome!!
I thought about going with "meth injection", but went E85 instead. Haven't really benefited from the system yet, mostly due to boost and back pressure concerns. Purchased a new Turbocharger and will be installing it and a backpressure gauge doing the off season.
Congratulations of your success!

PS: Do you have the Ford Performance cams, do you remember the part numbers?? Thanks

· Registered
458 Posts
Awesome!!
I thought about going with "meth injection", but went E85 instead. Haven't really benefited from the system yet, mostly due to boost and back pressure concerns. Purchased a new Turbocharger and will be installing it and a backpressure gauge doing the off season.

PS: Do you have the Ford Performance cams, do you remember the part numbers?? Thanks
What turbo did you buy? Would you post your best ET time slip?

· Registered
2022 EcoBoost Mustang
57 Posts
What turbo upgrad
Awesome!!

E
Awesome!!

What turbo upgrade did you go with?
I ordered an NX2 in May and haven't seen it yet.
Don't waste money on cams, saw no benefit.

· Registered
2022 EcoBoost Mustang
57 Posts
What turbo upgrad
Awesome!!

E
Awesome!!

What turbo upgrade did you go with?
I ordered an NX2 in May and haven't seen it yet.
Don't waste money on cams, saw no benefit.

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Cameras & optics

Receipt Font Material property Handwriting Paper

I picked up a 11910 Turbocharger Kit on eBay. The seller purchased it for his Ecoboost Mustang and then traded his car.
My best recorded ET to date 12.353 on pump ethanol.

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 43336
View attachment 43337
I picked up my Turbocharger on eBay. The seller purchased it for his Ecoboost Mustang and then traded his car. Best recorded ET to date 12.353 on pump ethanol.
My 2nd best ET was 12.425 while running mixed fuel; 1 part VP X85 canned ethanol, 3 parts 93 octane pump gas, with auxiliary fuel controller turned off.
Handwriting Material property Font Parallel Paper

Reactions: 17905

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Getting ready for the 2023 NMRA racing season!
New goal, reduce my best ET by a half second on the 1/4 mile track!!
Taking my car to Jessie Ringley at EMS (engineered motorsport solutions) for some remote tunning, after installing the new Precision turbocharger (with his EMAP sensor kit)!
Knowing the EMAP (exhaust manifold absolute pressure), should allow him to maximize the 52mm turbocharger, depending on the ratio of map to emap or boost to exhaust manifold pressure!
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Reactions: EcoboostCuz

· Registered
953 Posts
Getting ready for the 2023 NMRA racing season!
New goal, reduce my best ET by a half second on the 1/4 mile track!!
Taking my car to Jessie Ringley at EMS (engineered motorsport solutions) for some remote tunning, after installing the new Precision turbocharger (with his EMAP sensor kit)!
Knowing the EMAP (exhaust manifold absolute pressure), should allow him to maximize the 52mm turbocharger, depending on the ratio of map to emap or boost to exhaust manifold pressure!
View attachment 43967
Who is actually tuning? PD, I thought? What is EMS doing to maximize the turbo upgrade?

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who is actually tuning? PD, I thought? What is EMS doing to maximize the turbo upgrade?
Your right, Ryan does the tuning for Jessie and his customers, including me. The two of them have a good working relationship and Jessie understands what I need to compete at the track. So, for this round of revisions, he'll be behind the wheel!!
Jessie and Ryan are both running Motec systems (including EMAP sensors) in thier cars now.
And they have figured out a way to add the EMAP sensor to our factory ECUs.
The advantage will be the ability to push the boost till you reach the desired ratio* between air into the motor vs air out of the motor, instead of just picking a number that you have had success with in the past.
I don't really know what to expect, but I'm hoping to be able to reach my goal with less than 24 lbs. of boost and keep my factory stock long block running, and in one piece for another season!!
*Ratio is yet to be determined, but depends on the use of the car. Example: strip 1/1, track 1/1.5, street 2/1, etc.

Reactions: MD18EcoStang

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good luck
Been thinking about the Snow Meth Injection you're using. I looked at all my data logs from the last NMRA race event. I launch in 2nd gear at 2500 RPM, but my aux. fuel map doesn't open my port injectors till 3500 RPM which means I come off the line, lean and hot, with the ECU pulling timing. Not a good scenario!
How does Torrie control your Meth Injection? And where are your injectors located?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts