Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Rectangle Azure Purple Font

My goal for the 2022 NMRA season is to get my Ecoboost Mustang into the 11 second range (which is where most of the coyotes live) on the 1/4 mile track!!
I'm hopping that some of my fellow forum members can grant me some guidance, in order to get there!
To date, my current best ET is 12.353 seconds, which calculates to around 380 crankshaft horsepower.
Where I'm at today...
2018 Mustang Coupe
Stock Long Block w/ bolt ons / 10 Spd Trans
TS Wastegate & Bypass/3" Downpipe/200 Cell Cat/GlassPack/Race Intercooler/Charge Pipes/Custom Air Intake/Catch Can/Data Logger/Tuned/E85 Kit/Tires/Wheels/Drag Springs/Weight Reduction to required 3600 lbs.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
527 Posts
Well Ryan told me my NX2-e30 combo is good for 400ish+ to the wheels at 23psi. Your already setup for e85, have you had Ryan do you up a e85 tune yet for your stock turbo?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Ryan told me my NX2-e30 combo is good for 400ish+ to the wheels at 23psi. Your already setup for e85, have you had Ryan do you up a e85 tune yet for your stock turbo?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Still working with Ryan on my E85 tune. He hasn't given me any type of projected horsepower potential. But next time I talk with him I'll ask.
I tested at the Summit Motorsports Park a few weeks ago using the E85 tune (revision 1) and only picked up an increase of 1% over my 93 octane tune.
Currently trying to arrange testing at Bristol Dragway in East Tennessee using a revised map.

·
Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80
77 Posts
View attachment 42686
My goal for the 2022 NMRA season is to get my Ecoboost Mustang into the 11 second range (which is where most of the coyotes live) on the 1/4 mile track!!
I'm hopping that some of my fellow forum members can grant me some guidance, in order to get there!
To date, my current best ET is 12.353 seconds, which calculates to around 380 crankshaft horsepower.
Where I'm at today...
2018 Mustang Coupe
Stock Long Block w/ bolt ons / 10 Spd Trans
TS Wastegate & Bypass/3" Downpipe/200 Cell Cat/GlassPack/Race Intercooler/Charge Pipes/Custom Air Intake/Catch Can/Data Logger/Tuned/E85 Kit/Tires/Wheels/Drag Springs/Weight Reduction to required 3600 lbs.
View attachment 42687
What have you done to the suspension?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What have you done to the suspension?
Drag springs, drag radial tires, wheels, not much else. I've never had any problem with wheel spin or hop. I only run national events on NHRA sanctioned tracks via NMRA/NMCA. They do a really good job with track prep.

·
Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80
77 Posts
Drag springs, drag radial tires, wheels, not much else. I've never had any problem with wheel spin or hop. I only run national events on NHRA sanctioned tracks via NMRA/NMCA. They do a really good job with track prep.
I think you should be set to hit 11s. The only other thing I would recommend is the BMR lockout kit so you can launch-launch.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you should be set to hit 11s. The only other thing I would recommend is the BMR lockout kit so you can launch-launch.
Thanks, I'll take a look at the lock out kit!
On paper, I should be able to hit high 11s, but at the track, I only run 12s, with a weak top end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts