Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Do you hear an odd noise when you put your ecoboost in 1st gear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear a "clunk", "thump", or "bump" like noise sometimes when I put the car in 1st gear. Does anyone else hear this? I've been to the dealership multiple times for this noise and the mechanics say that all ecoboost mustangs sound like this. They say they've had other customers come in complaining about the same noise. If this is the case, the some of you guys must have certainly heard/felt what I am speaking of. So I ask you guys, do you hear such a sound when you engage 1st gear?

Thank you very much your responses are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
im at 2500 and i havnt had any real noise, just a decent amount of wheel hop in the rain :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mine shifts silky smooth.

Not to insult you but do you have the clutch pedal all the way to the floor when you hear this noise?

And after you hear the clunk noise when sitting on flat ground without your foot on the brake pedal will it try to creep forward? After the hill holder lets go in a few seconds that is.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Ive had "smoother" gearboxes. There is def some rubbing when I put it into 1st. I usually take it back out and try to slide into gear smoothly. It seams 1st and 2nd are touchy. After that its good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2nd seems to be really touchy in my car. a smooth 1-2 is just about impossible. might be me though, being that I am a commercial truck driver and am used to floating gears (no clutch shifting).

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I had some notchiness during the winter on a 1-2 shift. At 5k I switched to Royal Purple Syncromax and it made a significant improvement. Now at 13k the tranny is silky smooth, only time I have any notchiness is when I get lazy and don't push the clutch all the way in.

The only noise I get is when I first start the car and start to pull away they push the clutch back in, I get a little gear rattle. Doesn't do it after the first time I push the clutch in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hear a "clunk", "thump", or "bump" like noise sometimes when I put the car in 1st gear. Does anyone else hear this? I've been to the dealership multiple times for this noise and the mechanics say that all ecoboost mustangs sound like this. They say they've had other customers come in complaining about the same noise. If this is the case, the some of you guys must have certainly heard/felt what I am speaking of. So I ask you guys, do you hear such a sound when you engage 1st gear?

Thank you very much your responses are greatly appreciated.
Tons of people have this issue..including myself

Manual Trans. Thud when shifting - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, I4, V6) - Mustang6G.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stageron, thanks for sharing that link. I don't feel so crazy anymore seeing how many people have reported the same thing.

Thanks to the rest of you guys for your responses. It seems that it is not a real issue just a minor nuisance.

I must note though, in case you are aware of such a sound in your vehicle, the guys in the other thread (see stageron's link) recommended taking your eb to the your dealership and having them report/document this "noise" just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts