Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6th Generation Eco Boost

Can you tell me the part name and function of the part?

The round part next to the engine room intake filter? Top?

Open the engine room, and there's a part number.

FR3C6J003-AB, and when I searched,

Breather pipe hose tube,

It says Vacum Pump.

Does this part normally have oil?

Then let me know what the problem is.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I noticed on one of the eBay post, it stated 2015... I also remember reading a post on our forum about early Ecoboost Mustangs having a different crankcase breather system than my 2018. What year is your Mustang?

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's part of the vacuum system that runs the motor mounts. The motor mounts are vacuum assisted, so have a few vacuum lines throughout the engine bay and this piece. I'm not sure what it actually does, but I removed mine after upgrading to Steeda mounts. I do have a code from removing it, it has some electronics in it, but it doesn't cause a CEL or any other issues, just pops up when I check for codes.

There is no oil in it, it's just part of the vacuum system.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's part of the vacuum system that runs the motor mounts. The motor mounts are vacuum assisted, so have a few vacuum lines throughout the engine bay and this piece. I'm not sure what it actually does, but I removed mine after upgrading to Steeda mounts. I do have a code from removing it, it has some electronics in it, but it doesn't cause a CEL or any other issues, just pops up when I check for codes.

There is no oil in it, it's just part of the vacuum system.

There was a slight oil build-up over there, so I wiped it off.

Would it be a big problem if oil formed?
Is there any problem if I exchange parts?

Thank you for your answer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unfortunately I'm not sure why oil might have come from there, I wouldn't think there would be any oil in the vacuum system. I would think it would be fine to swap it out for another once, though if you aren't having any issues with the motor mounts or codes caused by this thing, it is probably fine to leave it as is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately I'm not sure why oil might have come from there, I wouldn't think there would be any oil in the vacuum system. I would think it would be fine to swap it out for another once, though if you aren't having any issues with the motor mounts or codes caused by this thing, it is probably fine to leave it as is.
I don't understand the oil coming out of that part either. 2017 Eco Boost.
It is 34796 miles.

Since the warranty remains, we would like to visit the official after-sales service centers to replace the component.

I'll leave you with what the problem was afterwards.

Thank you for your reply :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts