Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same guy that is building my engine. I'm not going for quite that much power but... She's gonna be a NASTY EcoBoost. E85 NX2 is gonna haul some serious ass on the track.
I’m thinking that if I were to have my engine built, that is where I would be sending mine as well! Keep us posted on your build!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I’m thinking that if I were to have my engine built, that is where I would be sending mine as well! Keep us posted on your build!
Will do. She was tuned by PD hitting 28psi boost when the block decided to window itself. I still get my fix of boost with my daily.8psi boost on a twin screw blower. Max torque at 2800 RPM. IMA Hybrid gets me 36-38 MPG highway.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Does anyone know what type of turbo system he is using? I've moved some things around under my hood and feel I might have room for a compound turbo system...

I'm just wondering if he did something similar??

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Is he building a complete long block for you? And what are you using for turbo chargers??
He's hopefully reusing my head if it's still good. It will be a complete longblock with boostline rods and Mahele pistons. This one won't blow up on me like the stock one did. Should be able to handle about 650-700 wheel HP no sweat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2015 mustang ecoboost . I’m looking for a new shortblock that’s it’s reliable. That can handle a lot of HP 600 plus. I upgraded my turbo , intercooler, charging pipes , fuel injectors, downpipe and fuel pump. Is MAP a good brand to invest in.
B2B38DC6-DBF1-468E-9419-8588B753C474.jpeg

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have 2015 mustang ecoboost . I’m looking for a new shortblock that’s it’s reliable. That can handle a lot of HP 600 plus. I upgraded my turbo , intercooler, charging pipes , fuel injectors, downpipe and fuel pump. Is MAP a good brand to invest in. View attachment 39989
Go with engineered motorsports. Jessie Ringly is building me a long lock but if you are on a budget check out his badass budget build shortblock. He holds the record for the highest HP ecoboost at 840 HP. Many have clocked over 100k miles in one of his engines with no issues. Trust me when I say you won't be disappointed with his built engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go with engineered motorsports. Jessie Ringly is building me a long lock but if you are on a budget check out his badass budget build shortblock. He holds the record for the highest HP ecoboost at 840 HP. Many have clocked over 100k miles in one of his engines with no issues. Trust me when I say you won't be disappointed with his built engine.
I wish I can’t afford the long block right now I have to go with a short block unfortunately

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've thought about "bullet proofing" my current OEM motor with cylinder sleeves, forged connecting rods and race bearings, plus reassembling it with ARP hardware and performance gaskets.
Did the same thing with an inline 6 motor for about $2700.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts