Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
14K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bschoon55 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2015 base EB and am currently having an issue where my AC is blowing warm on the far leftmost vent and left-center driver side vent. The passenger side vents are blowing ice cold and have no issues. I have been doing lots of research on this and seems like the issue may be a bad blend door motor, AC compressor, or low Freon. Any suggestions as to how to diagnose this problem or any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 ·
My car just had this last week.... Search "Evaporator Core Leak '15-'17 Mustang" on Google... you'll see literally hundreds of threads about the chornic issue of bad evaporators. You listed the main symptom in it. Warm air on the left side, cool air on the right side. This is a major repair that requires them to take apart the entire dash to get to it. If the car is out of warranty it's very expensive. I don't want to alarm you, but there's a very good chance this is the issue.

Here's my own thread from a few days ago:

http://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/evaporator-core-leak.15737/

#8 ·
So that’s 7 or so hrs for labor to do. I’d do myself, at least it’s not like 10 hrs of labor and a 200$ part>.<. The dash doesn’t looks that bad to take apart, and you can do it and still drive the car. Unlike other repairs, so you can take your time.

#9 ·
With so many documented failures, how can this not be a warranty issue?

When I had Malibu, the third-reverse-wave plate in the transmission broke. I had to replace the transmission. I found out the same problem was all over the Malibu forums.

Chevy actually extended the warranty and I got a check from GM for the cost of the entire bill including the diagnostics.

Sounds like folks need to start pressuring Ford. This isn’t just this forum but others on Mustang Forums are reporting like issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Had the same problem on my 2016. Service Advisor said it is a common problem across several model lines as it is a shared component. He also said the replacement part is not any different or upgraded from the original and that it is also prone to the same failure rate...this needs to be verified. In any case, it should absolutely be covered under warranty.,,and a good dealership should cover it even if not under warranty since it is a known issue.

#11 ·
After the repair my A/C works great for now obviously, but I've noticed I feel light headed any time I'm driving the car now. Not sure what the cause of that is, but I'm guessing it has to be something related to the A/C. Am I going crazy, or is it possible there is something really wrong there? I don't notice a distinct smell, but I can tell you I don't feel right after driving the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.