Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having issues with the latest firmware from Cobb? I upgraded to the latest and also flashed a new tune revision from PD and now my car is inoperable. It'll start and run for a few seconds, but the idle is all over the place. After it dies I'll get warnings that basically everything is offline or unavailable. I'm also getting the below codes, which are pointing to issues with the PCM. I've contacted both Cobb and PD through email today and will call Cobb tomorrow. I can get it to flash to previous tunes that worked fine, but now have the same issue, so I think it is an issue with Cobb rather than the tune. I'm hoping it didn't cause any major damage and can be fixed easily though. disconnecting the battery has now helped.

Codes:
P0600
P060C
P068A
P2610

If this does turn out to be a Cobb issue, I'll report back so other people don't update to the latest firmware.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have not updated in a while but now I will wait until I hear more on this issue

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No resolution yet, but I was able to successfully uninstall the Accessport from the car and get it to run again. Cobb has stated that there is no way their firmware update could have caused this, but it is still very suspicious to me since all tune revisions were affected even though they had previously ran fine. I'll be working with PD Tuning to see if there was an error in the latest revision from them that might have caused this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
So........some people will say I'm impatient...maybe some other word will be used.

Got a new map today so I just decided to try it. Got the accessport update, and yes, I decided to go for it. After updated I went and loaded the new map, and oh crap. Very rough idle and tons of warnings. Immediately shut it down and called Cobb. The rep said I was the second person with this issue today (Ha). Said he would contact the engineers and call me back. I was able to uninstall and the car is running great (Back to Ford Performance tune).

Called me back a couple of hours later saying there was actually an issue and they would have a fix soon.

So just for you to know that it wasn't only you, and the issue is the accessport, not your maps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm glad it wasn't just me and that you were able to get the car running right again as well. Hopefully Cobb gets this fixed quickly then since it is definitely on their side.

·
Super Moderator
2,729 Posts
Now I'm glad I haven't bothered with the latest Cobb update.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Cobb firmware is 100% the culprit. They've rolled the update back to the previous firmware and everything is good now. I'm not having any issues with the latest revision of my tune on this older firmware.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to Cobb, you and I are the only two Mustangs that have been affected. I doubt that with how fast they rolled back the update.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes I would think more people are loading maps with some of the sales going on. But they fixed it so that's good. But as I said before it's discouraging to see them release an update without thorough testing...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts