Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost with HPP. Switched out summer tires for all season, with 275/40/19 on back.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to keep the exhaust locked in on the "Track" option, so you don't have to select it each time you start the car?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nope, you cannot. If you notice at cold start, you can hear the click sound. That is from the flap was opening wide for a few seconds then switch back to normal mode position. It is like driving mode. Every time you turn off then turn on the car, it goes back to normal mode

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
177 Posts
I might be wrong but I believe you can set your drive mode, exhaust mode and steering mode in MY MODE and that's the way it will stay as long as you've selected my mode.

Edit: After some research unfortunately you can not choose exhaust setting in "my mode". If you want the valve open 100% all the time maybe try unplugging the actuator harness and see what it defaults to. I'm not sure if it will close it or open it unplugged.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you want the valve open 100% all the time maybe try unplugging the actuator harness and see what it defaults to. I'm not sure if it will close it or open it unplugged.
Yes, it may work. You just need to set exhaust to track mode then unplug the harness. It may stay as is since no more power to switch it back to normal position. Though you get error code on gauge. That’s more annoying than just change exhaust mode manually :)

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
177 Posts
Yes, it may work. You just need to set exhaust to track mode then unplug the harness. It may stay as is since no more power to switch it back to normal position. Though you get error code on gauge. That’s more annoying than just change exhaust mode manually :)
Yeah I don't mind switching when I want to, I actually have it set to start in quiet mode between 2 and 4am ever since I swapped to a CVF catted DP and I leave my house at 3am for work. Here's a good vid from steeda that explains all the drive and exhaust modes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts