Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the new gen mustang has only been out since MY2015 but has anyone tried to add the premium seats to a base? I'm looking at a base at a steal but love the premium seats and wondered how much they would be to add.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
The problem I see here is, "is the wiring already installed and is it hooked up?" For example, the powered/lighted sill wiring is there in the premium, however if you don't have the lighting package, the wiring isn't "hot."

This is the biggest issue I can see.
I don't think the HVAC system for the base will drive the seats from the premium. The controls aren't there.

You might be able to create your own harness to make heated/cooled seats work if you get the wiring diagrams or get a set to work with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thought I had was taking the hot on ignition wire some have used for powering subs and hooking up the upgraded seats to that with 2 four position switches somewhere on the base of the seat. It wouldn't be quite as elegant as stock but function the same.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m 16 and about to get an ecoboost mustang. I have done a huge amount of research and cant find the answer I’m looking for. I’m getting a 19 or 20, but if I don‘t end up getting the premium with the 8” screen and leather seats that doesnt have heated/cooled seats, are there any kits you can buy to install them, or maybe even buy premium seats, or is it just not possible?

·
Registered
96 Posts
So with the 19 or 20 you should just be able to plug in a programmed 8" screen with the bezel and it should work. From what I understand ford started using the same harness on all cars from 18 and onwards. The 15-17 used different harnesses so to add ambient lights to a 17 you needed a kit and had to run wires. With the 18+ some owners just had to get bulbs and program it and they were set.
I take it this should be the case with with the seats but you should really confirm.
hope this points you in the right direction

·
Registered
2 Posts
So with the 19 or 20 you should just be able to plug in a programmed 8" screen with the bezel and it should work. From what I understand ford started using the same harness on all cars from 18 and onwards. The 15-17 used different harnesses so to add ambient lights to a 17 you needed a kit and had to run wires. With the 18+ some owners just had to get bulbs and program it and they were set.
I take it this should be the case with with the seats but you should really confirm.
hope this points you in the right direction
That makes sense. Thank you.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I’m 16 and about to get an ecoboost mustang. I have done a huge amount of research and cant find the answer I’m looking for. I’m getting a 19 or 20, but if I don‘t end up getting the premium with the 8” screen and leather seats that doesnt have heated/cooled seats, are there any kits you can buy to install them, or maybe even buy premium seats, or is it just not possible?
You mind me asking how much its costing you to insure this thing cos even at over 40 its not the cheapest car. Im betting it's more then my Mortgage payments.

Reactions: Park

·
Registered
572 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts