Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested both stage 1 and stage 2 tunes. Stage 2 almost seems like TOO MUCH power! I was just trying to pull my car into the garage and the damn thing just wanted to launch! This is probably a weird question for a community like this, but does anyone else purposely keep their tune one level back? I feel like stage 1 is better for driving around town with a little extra power and not accidently rear ending someone at a stop light lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
No such thing as too much power! What the hell! Lol!
Seriously though if your more comfortable with a step down, do it. I think though that once you get used to it you’ll be happy with the extra power.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I tested both stage 1 and stage 2 tunes. Stage 2 almost seems like TOO MUCH power! I was just trying to pull my car into the garage and the damn thing just wanted to launch! This is probably a weird question for a community like this, but does anyone else purposely keep their tune one level back? I feel like stage 1 is better for driving around town with a little extra power and not accidently rear ending someone at a stop light lol.
I've got a stage 3 map and feel like there's more power left on the table...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Which slot of Stage 2 are you running? If you dial it back to slot 5 (economy) that might be more comfortable for you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which slot of Stage 2 are you running? If you dial it back to slot 5 (economy) that might be more comfortable for you.
How do I change slots?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
@Sombradeti You use the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. First make sure cruise control is off. Then you press the "resume" button, you should hear a buzzing sound from the speakers and your tach needle will move, even though RPM doesn't change; the needle points to 1000 for slot 1 (max performance), 2000 for slot 2 etc. Use the cruise control speed + and - buttons to choose your slot. Slot 5 is economy, 5000 on the tach. After a few second the buzzing sound stops, the tach needle goes back to engine rpm, and you're done.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I tested both stage 1 and stage 2 tunes. Stage 2 almost seems like TOO MUCH power! I was just trying to pull my car into the garage and the damn thing just wanted to launch!
If you think Stage 2 has too much power... Don't ever drive a Shelby GT350. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you think Stage 2 has too much power... Don't ever drive a Shelby GT350. :)
Don't worry, my yearly salary will do a good job of preventing me from doing that! lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
i'm using the cobb stage 1 93 oct , I agree stage 2 was a bit much and gas mileage went down so went back to stage 1 and i'm happy with it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts