Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've noticed that my airbag warning light illuminates when I start the car... just started within the last month or two. Does anyone know how to reset it? I've tried using my Cobb AP to see if it's throwing any codes and it's not, so there's nothing I can do there.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Most of those lights illuminate to let you know the bulb still works. If the light goes away after a few seconds then there should be no issue. I've seen the same thing on my car. The airbag light is the last one to go out.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of those lights illuminate to let you know the bulb still works. If the light goes away after a few seconds then there should be no issue. I've seen the same thing on my car. The airbag light is the last one to go out.
Mine doesn't go out though.. on the whole time the car is running.

·
Registered
822 Posts
May be a good idea to pull the srs codes from the car. I don't think Cobb tuners can do this. You may still have warranty coverage for airbag related issues.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Lately I've noticed that my airbag warning light illuminates when I start the car... just started within the last month or two. Does anyone know how to reset it? I've tried using my Cobb AP to see if it's throwing any codes and it's not, so there's nothing I can do there.
The Cobb accessport will only retrieve "P" (powertrain) codes. For SRS codes, you'll need a scanner that will do those. There are many scan tools that will do those codes; and they don't cost that much. I suppose you could always take the car to a mechanic and have them analyze the code(s)? The code is probably a seat belt or seat sensor malfunction. At any rate, get the car scanned and find out what needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine came disconnected under the seat check there 1st

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts